cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

broadband deals

why does BT offer better deals to new customers , my package which is due to end costs £56:00 per month , the same package is £29:99 per month for new customers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: broadband deals

@david2502wrote:

why does BT offer better deals to new customers , my package which is due to end costs £56:00 per month , the same package is £29:99 per month for new customers

Hi @david2502   Assuming that you are being serious, to attract new customers. I take it that you were a new customer once and enjoyed that benefit. Just like car insurance most sensible people switch once the deal ends or simply re-contract to get a better deal. Your choice. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I will be doing just that and leaving BT, just a shame loyalty cannot be rewarded
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

No such thing as loyalty, you are just a customer who will keep paying for your broadband until you decide to move to another ISP once the price your present ISP gets to a level that you find unacceptable.

More people stay with their present provider regardless of the price because they can not be bothered to move or shop around. 

If more people shopped around and moved to the best deal on offer rather than just staying with the same provider for years there would be a need for ISPs to try and retain customers instead of the way things are just now.

At present for every customer that moves away there will be many more who won't so it makes no commercial sense to offer discounts to retain people when they are staying any way. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Bye, Bye BT
0 Ratings