Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

broadband discount renewal

Go to solution

Firstly, I find it almost impossible to find a convenient way of contacting BT: one is sent on a circular tour of so-called Help pages.

My query is that every time I log on to My BT page i am faced with a banner message "Your Broadband discount is coming to an end soon". I have a contract completed on 4 July 2018 for 18 months which, by my reckoning, ends in January 2020. I don't call that "soon". But how do I contact BT to check this apart from telephone?

9 REPLIES 9
albertj
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: broadband discount renewal

Go to solution
I think My BT, can often get things wrong. I wouldn't worry about it.
If you did want to get in touch, I would recommend the phone, but on this page: https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/broadband on some options, it will show to connect to an agent.
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Best to call the options team on  0800 800 030 and haggle a new deal.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Best to call the options team on  0800 800 030 and haggle a new deal.

Customer options team (COT) are no more, rebranded into Loyalty and value, Loyalty are more retention based, Value are more sales based.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

So COT have now rebranded to LAV. There's a great acronym!

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I've been getting that message for the last few months. Just ignore it and phone them a few weeks before your contract is really due to end.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Retentions team on 0800800030 still worked for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
janarchy
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Similar issue. What really irks me is the message 'your broadband discount's ending soon, don't pay more, renew your broadband to keep paying the same price you do now.' Handy little 'renew my discount' red button. Press it and here are 'your personalised broadband offers'. No sign of simply renewing the existing deal. And they're all far more expensive including line saver rental and claims 'this is the best deal for you, based on what you have now'. So why is £25 more a month? And why doesn't 18 months mean just that ?
0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

I signed up for an 18 month contract in Oct 18, now getting "renew your broadband" and "renew your BTV" emails. The emails are misleading as they are prompting me to (sign up by 4th Oct etc...") sign up for a new deal despite the fact that I have 6 months left of my current deal .

This is very bad practice and I am considering raising a complaint about misleading customers.

For those who have received similar emails have you ignored them without consequence ie discount didn't stop?

Comments appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

There are no "consequences" to ignoring the advertising emails. You are in a contract and the price with the exception of the annual price rise, you agreed including any discount,  will be honoured until the end of that contract.

EDIT: You could try changing your marketing preferences.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63283/~/updating-your-bt-marketing-preferences#target...