cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctxdlw
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

broadband not working 7 days after activation day and no action taken from BT

I'm a new customer and my broadband was supposed to activate on Thursday the 11th. it didn't happen. so we called customer service and found out that's due to Open Reach serial number mismatch. they said they would send someone to fix it on Monday. no one turned up.

then we called again, they said not sure what happened and booked another appointment on Wednesday. no one turned up again!

again we called, again they were not sure what happened and booked another appointment on Friday.

no one turned up again!

this is just not acceptable! I'm working as an analyst so will need high speed broadband to work from home. now I apology to my manager every day saying I'm not able to work because I still don't have internet at home! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: broadband not working 7 days after activation day and no action taken from BT

@ctxdlw 

I assume this is a direct fibre (FTTP) connection?

If that is the case, then call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787. And they should be able to help.

0 Ratings
ctxdlw
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: broadband not working 7 days after activation day and no action taken from BT

thanks for the info. I have called this number five times this afternoon but could not get through
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@ctxdlw wrote:
thanks for the info. I have called this number five times this afternoon but could not get through

That`s a pity, because if its only the serial number on the Openreach modem that does not match the records, then you may have been able to pass that information on to them yourself.

The problem is that Openreach are not visiting to do installs of FTTP, unless the end user has no other means of connecting to the Internet.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

What do you mean you could not get through.  Number just unobtainable or there was a queue ?  Probably the latter and you really need to wait in the queue as @Keith_Beddoe  posted they are the  people who will probably be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ctxdlw
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I have been waiting for about 30 mins each time and then the call was ended for no reason
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

the the FTTP TEAM on 08005874787 are the people to talk to for help

must be time of day as others have posted they got through very quickly compared to the standard CS number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings