cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: bt basic package application form

How long is "the few days" as I have been waiting since 18 September 2020?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

you only involved the mods and replied with the required information on 20 October so just need to wait as I explained you are in a queue of other customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

How long is "the few days" (as I have been asking since 18 September 2020)?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 18

Hi @Jahbulon I'm really sorry about the delay getting back to you, I sent you a private message yesterday afternoon letting you know the BT Basic application was posted on Tuesday. 

0 Ratings
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

My BT Basic application form arrived, today, 23 October 2020, at about 1230.

0 Ratings
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Thanks to everyone who helped.
0 Ratings
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Thank you for your help: the form arrived on Friday, 23 October 2020.
0 Ratings
Jahbulon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Thank you for your help.

This really is something to which BT needs to pay attention. When I first called BT about Basic, 18.09.2020, I was told I had to become a (direct) BT customer first, and then I'd be sent the form. That may be in your rules, but BT could allow Basic applications in advance of becoming a (direct) BT customer, and then offer applicants a contract.

Instead, I was connected (direct) to BT, 02.10.2020, and on 03.10.2020 received a call from BT telling me they could not send the form until I was downgraded from Fibre to Copper. Is that correct, and why bother putting me on Fibre anyway?

Even so, it took a further 18 days and a few telephone calls (at BT's expense) to get the Basic application form.
Having returned the completed form to BT almost immediately, I am now left to worry if it will be processed fairly and if it is will I be put on BT Basic rather than what I want, which is BT Basic + Broadband.

This sort of concern tends to follow from an apparently silly rule, followed by excuse changing, insisting on telephone calls, and an 18 day delay.

With my best wishes, . . ..

Tags (2)
0 Ratings