cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

bt renew contract without my knowledge

has anyone ever had bt renew a contract without informing you? 

i had a hub 5 with 350mbps when i first started with bt. a few weeks ago i seen an advert for bt so thought i would check if i could get a better price. when i checked i noticed that they had dropped me down to 250mbps and i was supposed to have a halo hub. first i heard of a halo hub was when i logged in. i still have the hub 5 as they never sent me a halo hub which i didnt sign up for anyway. so they were charging me the same price for less speed. 

i talked to bt about this and they said first of all theyve never done a 350mbps package but i know they did because thats what i signed up for then they said they cant check back that far because they dont have the records. 

surely they would of had to send out a new contract? 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: bt renew contract without my knowledge

@michaelgilwrote:

has anyone ever had bt renew a contract without informing you?

Any change to your account will send confirmation, either letter or email depending on your choice of preference, BT wouldn't make changes without notifying you in advance or your agreement.

@michaelgilwrote:

i was supposed to have a halo hub. first i heard of a halo hub was when i logged in.

There's no such thing as a Halo hub, Halo (previously known as 'BT Plus') gives additional benefits which include sending new equipment if needed, some Halo packages now include complete wi-fi which only works on a Smart Hub 2, if you don't need equipment none is sent, Halo customers have a keep connected promise where a 4G mifi device is sent in a total loss of service fault but Halo 3+ get a Hybrid device.

@michaelgilwrote:

i talked to bt about this and they said first of all theyve never done a 350mbps package but i know they did because thats what i signed up for then they said they cant check back that far because they dont have the records. 

I've never heard of a 350mbps package either, not by FTTP, some GFast packages go to 330mbps but FTTP are 300mbps then 500mbps, I know Virgin Media have a 350mbps package

If you're sure that is what you ordered, check your order confirmation when you took the package out.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Love to know how you got 350Mbps or 250Mbps to work with a Hub5.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It's maybe not a hub 5 it's maybe whatever was after that it says ultrafast on the front but it's definitely not a halo

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

There is no such thing as a Halo hub, as @-Richie-  has already pointed out.

If you have G.Fast, it will be a Smart Hub2 which is the latest hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The 350mbps package was years ago and definitely not the 250mbps that I get now and a new contract with the reduced speed definitely wasnt signed because if they offered me 250 or 500 i would of took the 500 which is what ive changed it to now. I have checked through emails but can't find a change anywhere. The halo package or whatever it is. That's another thing also ordered it 3 weeks ago and the new hub still hasn't arrived

0 Ratings