cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

bt rewards card declined on 5 different websites?

hi i have tried to use my bt rewards card to pay for items but it will not be authorised or it says card does not match numbers?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: bt rewards card declined on 5 different websites?

Did you activate it when you received it?

See https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

What is the BT Reward Card?

The BT Reward Card is really easy to use. We pre-load it with money, and you can spend it on things like shopping and other everyday purchases – or use it to treat yourself.

• You just need to activate it and then you can start spending.
  • It can be used at millions of places across the world (in most places with a Mastercard® logo). There are just a few exceptions that you can read about in the T&Cs.
  • It uses Chip and PIN, so it’s more secure than spending cash.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@mark74 I'm sorry to see you're having problems using your card.  Prior to using the card did you follow the steps to activated it on the  purecard website?  

Once activated the funds have to be used within 12 months, has this time period passed yet?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

hi Neil0 i had trouble getting it registered so one of your team got it done for me i recieved the confirmation email etc so i dont know what it can be?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@mark74 Oh I see, in that case Pure card should be able to help with this. You can reach them on the details below, post back to let me know how you get on.

Email

BT@Purecard.com

Telephone

0344 879 1068*

Our customer service agents are available from 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. You can report your card lost or stolen on this number at any time.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

hi i have tried that but there is no one to speak to it is all automated?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi @mark74,

Can you send them an email please? They'll investigate it and get back to you. If, for any reason, they can't help, let us know here and we'll chase it up with them.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

hi Daniel, i have had no help at all and its becoming very annoying! i would think this is quite easy to sort out?

can you update me please when you can find out what is going?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @mark74 Sorry you have not been able to get this resolved. Did Purecard get back to you about your email?

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Hi John, no i have tried everything i can getting nowhere!

Can you see what you can do?

Regards

Mark

0 Ratings