Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

can i defer payment

Hi there

I am hoping I will be able to defer payment of my recent bill for 4 days (payment due 13th march but i dont get my salary til 17th march). Do I need to get permission to do this or will my broadband/phone be suspended. I have tried a number of times to ring the automated service yesterday and today then everytime I get put through to an advisor I get disconnected.

Thanks

Expert

Re: can i defer payment

No you wont be cut off immediatly, BT will give you 7 days to pay if you are late paying your bill and then they will cut you off, after of course sending you reminder letters first.

I wouldnt advise not paying the bill because you could be charged £7.50 late payment fee.

I'd advise sending an email to the Mods- http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They may be able to help (note your account detailing your intentions or move the goalpost of the payment date you currently have.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Sage

Re: can i defer payment

Hi there is an automated method for delaying payment dial 150 advise you to persist calling
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’