Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

can i defer payment

Hi there

I am hoping I will be able to defer payment of my recent bill for 4 days (payment due 13th march but i dont get my salary til 17th march). Do I need to get permission to do this or will my broadband/phone be suspended. I have tried a number of times to ring the automated service yesterday and today then everytime I get put through to an advisor I get disconnected.

Thanks

Recognised Expert

Re: can i defer payment

No you wont be cut off immediatly, BT will give you 7 days to pay if you are late paying your bill and then they will cut you off, after of course sending you reminder letters first.

I wouldnt advise not paying the bill because you could be charged £7.50 late payment fee.

I'd advise sending an email to the Mods- http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They may be able to help (note your account detailing your intentions or move the goalpost of the payment date you currently have.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Distinguished Sage

Re: can i defer payment

Hi there is an automated method for delaying payment dial 150 advise you to persist calling

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.