Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
spider87
Message 1 of 6

can't get through to BT!

Go to solution
Hi,

I am interested in changing my phone, broadband and TV to BT but am having a few issues.

Firstly, when calling the numbers I have been given I have to speak to an automated system who determined I would like to switch to BT. She then asked for the number of my line. I gave it to her for her to then say, sorry it has to be a BT line and then hangs up on me. Surely if I want to switch to BT, that would suggest I have not got a BT line!

My query is that around two weeks ago, I was informed that Infinity is available in my area and after checking online, this was confirmed. The local box has a sticker on informing the public that "fibre is here"
I cancelled my sky contract and when going to order infinity, it is now longer available to order and now has and estimate of July-September!

Any help would be appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: can't get through to BT!

Go to solution

You should not have cancelled your Sky contract until the order had all gone through. You may be left with no broadband now and hit with a possible cease charge from Sky

See link about how to switch providers.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25764&isp=sky

You may have to order ADSL "normal" broadband if Infinity is now showing as not being available.

0 Ratings
spider87
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I cancelled sky as I had reached the end of my contract. It will cancel as of the 17th of august with no penalty.

Do you know why infinity has shown as available last week but no longer?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No, but sometimes when they commision a cabinet they hit a problem and have to take it offline until the problem is resolved.

If you use this checker it will tell you what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive and may give a date when it will be available.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

spider87
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
It says wbc downstream 1 and available. The postcode is CB22 3AQ
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
the service may not be available if the cabinet is already full and awaiting a capacity upgrade