cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob12
Message 1 of 8

cancellation fee

Go to solution

Just enquired about early cancellation with 16months left of my contract i was quoted £302 to opt out , is that daylight robbery or can they charge that price.

Thanks guys.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
rob12
Message 2 of 8

cancellation fee

Go to solution

Just been on chat to a bt rep and askedthe quetion how much it would cost to opt out of my 16month left contract, was quoted £302 , does this sound correct or daylight robbery. Can  anyone help with suggestion.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: cancellation fee

Go to solution

Hi @rob12

Here is the link to the terms and conditions that you will have agreed to, this clearly explains early cancellation. Is there a  reason you wish to leave early, as sometimes this may help when negotiating to leave

BT Terms & Conditions

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@rob12wrote:

Just been on chat to a bt rep and askedthe quetion how much it would cost to opt out of my 16month left contract, was quoted £302 , does this sound correct or daylight robbery. Can  anyone help with suggestion.

Thanks.

Hi @rob12. Yes it sounds about right. I recently cancelled my TalkTalk contract with about 12 months remaining and was charged a £240 cancellation fee. Of course BT have told me they will credit this amount to ease the transfer to BT. 

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Presumably you are less than 2 months into an 18 month minimum term, so you should expect the early termination charges to be steep ( not far short of what you would have paid if you had remained a customer for those 16 months )..daft to  take out such a long commitment then bail out after such a short time , unless it's matters beyond your control.

0 Ratings
rob12
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

We decided to upgrade to bt unlimited on the 26-09-2017 in the conversation I asked the question would I need my exsisting router changed(bt hub5) which was out of its orignal contact and the reply was no it did not require a new one for the upgrade?  we also have a bt tv box which has also been out of contract so it belongs to me. My wife  and I were in town shopping and walked pass the vodaphone shop , they are advertising cheaper , faster speeds , unlimited braodband then bt , also the reliability after going without internet for 2 days last week.

I read one acticle on this site that Ofcon stated that bt is allowed to charge £3 a month for each month remaining i will sent an email to them anb confirm if this is correct and not £18.87 they want for me.

regards Rob

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @rob12

Thanks for posting back, You do not need a new hub for the upgrade and I personally find the H5 to be better than the H6.. and I do understand how important it is to get the best deals. Unfortunately issues with broadband happen, but understand the frustrations. I am more than happy if you want for me to ask a moderator to come have a chat and confirm the charges if you like. By all means fire off an email but if you want me to get them to have a look let me kmow..

0 Ratings
Michael87
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Interesting, I too have recently considered leaving although I'm 6 months in my 18month contract so charges should be cheaper. I did plan on lasting out my contract then moving but as I'm moving house cancelling did cross my mind as I'm sure the change over is going to go wrong somehow. I feel like I'm getting ripped off by BT. I have TV, landline, fibre broadband and by sport. After around 1 month or so my fees went up due to some reason they explained. My BT sport now costs me nearly double and sorry BT but BT sport is just not good enough. My brother in law has sky and he now has BT sport added for free for remainder of his contract. Another friend also switched to BT from Virgin and again package is cheaper. Not a huge fan. If anyone working for sky sees this please feel free to contact me to see what you can do
0 Ratings