Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coughac
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

cancelling contract

Go to solution

I signed up for a 24 month contract at £41 a month for phone and broadband . I still have 12 months left, I need to know if I can get out of this contract as I am moving abroad, I have Infinity 1 with a promise of up to 52 mb , my download speed which I have tested 3 times at different times and followed BT's advice on how to improve it remains at a steady 12.4mb .Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: cancelling contract

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

When are you moving, as it would not be worth investigating the speed issue, if you are cancelling?

0 Ratings
coughac
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Moving in March
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@coughac wrote:
Moving in March

Did you want help from the community to see if your speed can be improved?

0 Ratings
coughac
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Not really thanks , as we have tried . Just wanted to know if theres a way to get out the contract without paying charges . Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@coughac wrote:
Not really thanks , as we have tried .

How many visits did you get from Openreach, to sort the speed issue out, as you would have been entitled to a free visit when you first complained about the slow speed?

For the speed to be so different, there has to be a fault or wiring issue somewhere?

I have asked a moderator about the contract issue, as I do not know what happens, especially to any deferred charges for equipment, and the broadband cease charge.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @coughac I'm sorry that you are not getting the expected speed on your broadband service.

In relation to cancelling your contract without cancellation charges we would have to have been given a reasonable chance to fix your connection. If you check out Ending the service and this agreement 10 f and g may help you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

as you are moving abroad and cancelling your contract then you will need to pay cancellation charges - unless you can find something to help in the post by @JohnC2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
coughac
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for your input . 

0 Ratings