Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

cannot access additional home landline bill on line under same account number

Go to solution

Please help...I am an oldie so please be patient.

Have been with BT for one landline for phone for many years. Last month added new landline for broadband. Both landlines have been put under same account number but cannot access new bill on line.  

Call centre useless.....Spent THREE hours yesterday on Live Chat and then ONE hour trying to talk to someone and kept being passed on to different people..none of them solved this problem.  Could it be because of different email addresses allocated to each landline?  If so what can I do to solve it?

Would really appreciate answer as I don't have much hair left after pulling most of it out.

Thanks in anticipation

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: cannot access additional home landline bill on line under same account number

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Re: cannot access additional home landline bill on line under same account number

Go to solution

Hi @lapin7,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
just tried live chat again and within a few minutes it was solved. Needed a separate account number for each line. Obviously this was an error when setting up. Why couldn't they have solved it yesterday? staff need more training? Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @lapin7,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad live chat were able to sort it in the end.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'm intrigued by having another landline for broadband - I'm interested in having a second telephone number so my quest is the inverse. I have very good broad band and telephone.  I suspect I need an IP phone - which would put calls over the broadband.

0 Ratings