cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

charged due to technical issues

i recieved a letter stating that we were not charged for some calls the previous month due to a technical issue so they are going to add £88.30 to my account this month...................now wait for it , my bill arrived today and it's a staggering £338.82..............i nearly fell off my chair, there is no way i can afford to pay this all at once and i can't find any proof of what they are charging me for.

also how do i find out how long i have left on my contract, tried live chat and got down to 3mins 20 secs then went back up to 8mins????????

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: charged due to technical issues

Are you a BT Residential user or a BT Business user?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith ,

I am a home user and have been with bt for over 10 years, how can i believe that there was a tech problem without any proof of this, it just opens it up for them to add money when ever they want.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Here is how to find your contract details.

View your contract terms

As far as the extra bill is concerned, I will ask a moderator to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 5

If you check your previous bills you will see call charges missing, they should of been added but weren't, so they were then added to the next bill instead, these aren't phantom charges, they were just missed from the previous bill.

All bills are itemised, the fact your call charges are so high suggests you should be on unlimited anytime calls if the charges relate to UK landlines, on top of free uk calls for up to an hour per call, you would also get 50% off calls to UK mobiles, free calls to BT Mobile (1000 minute allowance and excludes BT business mobiles) and an allowance to call 0845 and 0870 numbers.

If I were you I would call the Loyalty or Value team and request an account review, maybe even see what promotions are available to discount your existing services.

0 Ratings