cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeB88
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

complant..told 3 times bill will be fixed and still not done (unjustified early cancellation fees)

Go to solution

3 or 4 month ago I joined BT infinity along with that I added BT TV and aerial installation..

the aerial people was unable to get a signal and subsequently did not install the aerial rendering my BT TV box useless.

as I was unable to receive my TV package I cancelled all TV related packages on my account about 1 or 2 months into my contract.

as a result I received a early cancelation fee of ~£90, however the terms say if BT break a major part of the terms I can cancel free of charge, id say failing to put in an aerial and receiving only internet based BT sport and NO free view channels is a major part of the terms

I have since phoned the useless overseas customer service which every time say ok they'll remove it only to see it on the bill weeks later.

and to add salt to the wound its apparent that someone at that call centre have passed my details on to fraudsters as I now get call from an indo Asian person claiming to be from BT trying to fix my router, I never give my home number for registration ect unless its compulsory so it must be them

and with all of that my service/connection is very poor, my router keeps dropping connections for no reason even if its hard wired via Ethernet its obviously a major issue with the router as I never had a single issue with SKY which I will be going back to at the earliest possibility (I'm not the only one with issues like this)

so I've had to resort to posting here as phoning up is pointless

to fix this I want to be contacted by someone in UK that actually has authority to email confirmations as your overseas centre are unable to do

and the charges refunded

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: complant..told 3 times bill will be fixed and still not done (unjustified early cancellation fee

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Did you check Freeview coverage before you ordered the service? You should be able to get the extra channels via broadband, if you are on BT Infinity.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/

From the BT Ordering page.

What do I need to get BT TV?

You'll need the following before you can install BT TV:

• A good quality outdoor TV aerial.
  • A strong digital TV signal.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: complant..told 3 times bill will be fixed and still not done (unjustified early cancellation fee

Go to solution

Hi @LeeB88

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the all the problems you're having.  I agree you shoudn't be liable for cancelling a service if we were unable to provide it.  I can look into this from here and I can also help sort out the problems you're having with your services.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @LeeB88 ,

Thanks for taking my call earlier today. I’m really glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings