Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: confusion over bt sport £5 extra

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:
@mking007BT Sport full package is free with BT TV as long as you have at least 12 months left on your contract. If you have less you will need to re-contract your broadband to recieve it for free. If you don't wish to re-contract then it will cost £5 month from August.
12 months from when though? Which contract? BT broadband, BT TV, or both?
Here is the official BT Sport changes help page. That's as close as we have to a set of rules though it's still not as clear as it could be and there are plenty of examples of people being told things that contradict it.
The problem is all the conflicting information. Some people who will have significantly less than 12 months left on contract minimum terms on Aug 1st have received an email saying it will still be free for them on BT TV. Others who have just recently started new contracts have received an email saying it will be £5 for them on BT TV unless they re-contract things again for 18 months. BT reps on the phone seem to make up any old rules when answering queries!
I got one single option when I followed the email link and a different single option when I followed the myBT link. Why the inconsistency? Nowhere did it even mention BT Sport Lite.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
I agree things are a bit vague...I would expect the contract refers to Broadband but it doesn't specifically state that anywhere... The same as the entertainment max package includes the HD Extra bolt on so I presume that will stay the same and include BT Sport in HD but it isn't actually clear anywhere...
0 Ratings
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

I think a bit vague is an understatement.

I want to continue to get all the BT Sports channels but don't want to sign up for an extended 18 month contract.

On the other hand, I don't want to get to August 1st and find out I've lost all the sports channels except BT Sport 1.

As umpire noted, people are getting different answers on phone support.

Could someone clear things up for those of us who have just joined BT, and have signed up to a triple package?

0 Ratings
mking007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@scointer As stated i joined on the 2nd June 2015, the contract is only 12months, there was no 18 month option ??

Therefore if i want to keep btsport i have renew and also apply for a 18 month contract, so i'll be tided in for 29 months !!.

How do i change to btsport lite, theres no option in my account.

0 Ratings
mking007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

well got sorted on the phone, spoke to a nice English speaking woman and got sorted as ive just joining bt, and bt sports is free they have marked on my account.

0 Ratings
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

I've just also got off the phone and was told that I would have to extend my current 12 month contract to 18 months for TV & Broadband, and this was the only way to go if I still wanted to get the BT Sport channels free from August 1st. So, I'm none the wiser and wondering whether to extend my contract or not.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Re: How to downgrade to lite

Go to solution
www.bt.com/give-me-lite I asked over on Think Broadband 🙂
Highlighted
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Re: How to downgrade to lite

Go to solution

Thanks, also found this on the BT Support Pages:

• BT Sport Pack is free for new customers who take BT Broadband and BT TV on a new minimum contract term of 12 or 18 months. BT Sport Pack is also free for existing BT Broadband and TV customers who recontract those services for a further 18-month minimum contract term. Customers that don't take BT TV can still view BT Sport on one of the alternative platforms - see below for details.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/6401/a_id/53767/?s_intcid=sporthub_L1:popular_L2:53767%2...

So, because I'm one month into my new contract, I'm now an existing customer and the only way to get the full BT Sport package is to recontract my services for a further 18-months. Of course, if I had just waited a month before joining BT, I would be a new customer, and so could sign-up to a 12-month contract and get BT Sport (unfortunately, I'm not a fortune-teller). Not too impressed by my limited dealings with BT so far - at least there are no problems with broadband, phone and TV.

0 Ratings