Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mking007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

confusion over bt sport £5 extra

Go to solution

I just joined bt broadband (infinity 38mb unlimited), tv, phone line, and got btsport free for 12months on the 2nd June

now less than a month i get a letter to say i have to pay £5 a month from 1st August 2015 to get bt sport pack.

I've called bt twice and they say its free, but looking around the forum i see bt sports lite, both advisors never said anything about this.

Do i have to pay extra yes or no ?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: confusion over bt sport £5 extra

Go to solution

I'm in the same boat. Just got the letter through the post about the £5 extra charge from August 1st and have also just moved to BT phone, TV and broadband.

Is the extra £5 just for the new Europe Sports channel or do I need to pay it to keep BT Sports 1 & 2?

(EDIT: Just phoned BT (customer options team) and was told because I have BT TV I would still get BT Sport for free from August 1st. I wonder why BT couldn't send this letter just to people affected by the new pricing?)

0 Ratings
localguy1
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Just one off the phone to BT and it will be charged to everyone as off the 1st August, poor...just poor show BT, a new customer who will not be returning after contract ends 

0 Ratings
mking007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Localguy do you have bt tv on your package?
0 Ratings
bigboyden
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

you get sport 1 free only rest is £5 sneaky BT

Also if you have bt tv you pay £2.50

But remember this if you have a 12 month contract  for broadband and you got BT SPORT FREE with this its the 12 month contract thats got you by the B...S the fiver's for the call staffs wages they desperate to get you for the fiver

Also they have paid billions for the sport so me personally  i'm expecting another surprise when the premier league starts

0 Ratings
mking007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

just looked on the bt site it states

With BT TV it's FREE

BT TV is the best way to watch BT Sport Pack.

TV Packages start from just £0/mth

I have bt tv in my package, so is it free ?

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

My package is Infintiy 2, Why should I be charged something i should be getting as part of my package already?  Its a bit like buying a car with free air con, to be told it'll cost you a fiver each time you use it.  very unfair.

The letter says I will pay from August, just 2 months into my year contract for Infinity 2.  That is daylight robbery - I don't like football, tennis, darts, baseball. I watch some motorsport but not bikes, I watch some baseball and will watch most of my teams games in the Rugby Premiership.

I chose not to take BTTV as the risk of Avira swapping broadcasters is a great possibility. I don't have Sky and never want to. Quiet happy with the app - especially when the kids hog the PC!

Can someone from Billing please come here and answer our concerns.  Otherwise in 10months I'll move away rorm BT to another ISP

Spoiler

0 Ratings
bigboyden
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
The old adage they say nothings for free I could tell you you've just won a car would you believe me we all been done bt tv is £2.50 per month even if it says £0 per month you get nothing for free would you lend me your car for free and fill it with petrol every week for me dought it
Look at how many people world wide who want to watch football euro-premier-fa-etc 100's of millions and who's paying for this we will billions they payed out for rights gotta pay for it some how think about it sound like i'm being rude but I aint just hate the fact I any many many others have been shafted
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
@ stoswald

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
@mking007BT Sport full package is free with BT TV as long as you have at least 12 months left on your contract. If you have less you will need to re-contract your broadband to recieve it for free. If you don't wish to re-contract then it will cost £5 month from August.
0 Ratings