cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsdolphin
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

contract due for renewal

My contract is coming to the end, do i need to do anything to keep using bt? or do I have to be in a contract? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: contract due for renewal

you don't have to do anything and you will move to a rolling monthly contract on standard terms - any discount you had will stop

if you intend to remain with BT phone the options team and negotiate a new deal with discount 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
brianmc
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

@imjolly wrote:

you don't have to do anything and you will move to a rolling monthly contract on standard terms - any discount you had will stop

if you intend to remain with BT phone the options team and negotiate a new deal with discount 0800800030  they are uk based

For most companies discounts are introductory and then you do move to standard terms!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@samsdolphin wrote:

My contract is coming to the end, do i need to do anything to keep using bt? or do I have to be in a contract? 

You shouldn't think of the contract as 'coming to an end' unless BT have specifically told you that it will be ended. The contract is normally open ended until either you or BT give notice to cancel it or replace it with a new one.

What is probably coming to an end is the 12/18/24 month minimum term you originally agreed to and possibly any discounts that were offered for a set period only. Once you have completed the minimum term you can cancel the contract with just 30 days notice without incurring any cancellation fees should you ever wish to.

So if you do nothing then the contract will continue to be in place. Your bills should indicate any discounts and the normal full price for any services you receive. You do have the option of phoning customer options and possibly negotiating a new contract on better terms, but normally that would mean starting a new 12/18/24 month minimum term.

I completed the 12 month minimum term for my current contract about a week ago and had earlier phoned customer options to see what they could offer on a new contract. They gave me some information and I said I would just have a think about it for now. All my services are still continuing as expected on my existing contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@brianmc wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

For most companies discounts are introductory and then you do move to standard terms!

that is not necessarily correct when dealing with your bt package provided you phone options team and negotiate a new 12 month deal 0800800030  of course you can continue on rolling monthly contract but cost will be significantly higher

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings