cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 31 of 32

Re: disabled person

• In my experience BT use there authority and power to ride roughshod over disabled persons.
    Imy my case
    I upgraded from a basic to a large broadband package that offered a free period.
    BT then applied a cancellation fee of £99 and took this via the direct debit mandate I had set up, as a pensioner and disabled I don;t have spare 100's £ sitting in my account!
  • I stopped the direct debit and got the money back from the bank but not the charges applied!
  • I was forced to come to germany to receive professional treatment that the NHS is unwilling or incapable of supplying.
  • And BT in its wisdom does have one account number, oh no, each bill is a different account number!!
  • I contacted BT and was given the run around by a foriegn call centre, and impossible to reach a british call centre, and finally from a post on one of the forums found a link to a email advanced query script, thats asks stupid questions and does not give a phone number for when you are abroad and does not answer the questions I asked.
  • Like how do I get into my account?
  • They don't use the email I set up, and have now apparently  have credited my account with the £99.
  • However they have cancelled the account, the phone line and broadband (which was never activated) and refuse to give me the details that will enable me to see whats going on with the account.
  • They have registered adverse comments with the credit agencies while ignoring the customer, as long as you are in uk and prepared to wait 3-4 hours to get a response from a foreign person who has no idea of where you are, no idea of the culture and no understanding of the words "positive immediate action"
  • And in a response to my email via a rubbish script they had the cheek to say I had cancelled my direct debit, too true and they will never get another one.
  • So I just came out of hospital, BT are claiming £100's for a cancelled contract, (which I did not cancel) they claim that they put £99 on my account, ok fine, I have no way to verify this, as I don;t have any bill, and if so as the montly charge is £10 then this should have been good for 9 months, as I have not activated the briadband and so they should not be charging me.
  • As a disabled patient where health is the important topic one does not need a company like BT abusing the rights and reputation of an honest client and they ruining their credit rating due to their inefficiency.
  • I have penned this in the hope that it will resonate with other users, and who knows maybe someone in BT will actually pick up a phone and try to resolve it.
  • Any one seen flying pink pigs lately?
  • shalom PhoenixeagleSmiley Indifferent
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 32 of 32

Re: disabled person

Hi Phoenixeagle,

I am sorry that you have had trouble with BT recently.  I'll be happy to get involved and make sure that we get everything sorted out for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings