Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

early exit fee for new customers?

Go to solution

hello,

in short....
im with BT less than 2 weeks and i want out.
am i already liable to pay an early exit fee?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: early exit fee for new customers?

Go to solution
Generally Yes, you are not sticking to your side of the deal, so ETC is due, but given tiny amount of time you have been a customer , what are the reasons you would quit so soon after committing to a minimum term ? , if it’s just because of a ‘better’ deal from someone else, that isn’t a valid reason to leave penalty free, if some sort of issue , then it’s expected that you give the provider a reasonable period of time to resolve whatever the issue is, if you want to use someone else using the same Openreach network , chances are any issue would still be present with the new provider anyway.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

issue being a shoddy internet connection.and shoddy is the nice word for it.
first 2,3 days were fine but then suddenly at night time i would loose internet and it connects and looses connection every 5~ seconds.
and i noticed a pattern... it happens now every single night and always after midnight. around 0:30.
and it lasts until the early morning hours 5-6am.
given that this is the time where i use the net the most, work related, this is absolutely unacceptable.

and no, i have been with another provider for years before switching to BT and didnt have this issue once.

googling around,this seems to be an almost BT-exclusive issue with the first search result leading right back in to this forum. person has the very same issue and even happens the same time.
it never got fixed and its been well over a year now for him.
he says that he either gets the answer "we cant find anything wrong" and if BT does send engineers out and there have been 6 so far at least, they naturally come at times where the issue is not present and they also shrug.
therefore BT does not take responsibility whatsoever.
all the other search results tell a similar story.

i understand the idea of "giving them time to fix it", but that also means the chances of an early exit fee increases because i stayed even longer.
a lot of providers have no early exit fees if you only stayed for a couple of days because "you changed your mind" and i was sincerely hoping BT is one of them.
thats why i asked

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Rokko1v Have you tried calling BT on 0800 800 150? If you are within your cooling off period (within 14 days of service starting), you should be able to cancel without any early termination charges. You may need to pay for any usage you have had up to that point, but you should certainly speak to BT before your 14 days is up.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

thank you for this.
called the number and got it cancelled without any early termination fee..apparently.

0 Ratings