cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

email issue signing up - BritBox unwanted

Go to solution

Hi

Im trying to signup to BT 900 FTTP and its went through all the way to SETUP where i create my password and it just keeps saying: PLEASE ENSURE ALL INFORMATION IS COMPLETE..?

it is also signing me up to BRIT BOX at £5.99 a month after 6 free months..i don't want that?

EDIT: sorted its 8-16 characters on the password where i was using 17 digits - now I'm stuck on the agreement for BRITBOX as i don't want it, but the option also says "Before your order can be placed you need to consent to transferring your line from your current provider to BT. Do you consent to these services transferring?* and there is no "star" anywhere to see what it means, when i click to agree it also agrees to the britbox thing? - can this be cancelled as soon as its live>?

gJ9GJzx9Rn.jpg

can anyone help please?

I want my order to go through soon as poss as my Plusnet ends 3rd December

thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: email issue signing up - BritBox unwanted

Go to solution

well ive gone ahead and agreed on the HOPE this BRITBOX can be cancelled after its gone live...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@snadgewrote:

well ive gone ahead and agreed on the HOPE this BRITBOX can be cancelled after its gone live...

It can be cancelled anytime, you also have the first 6 months free before any charges would be raised, just don't forget to cancel it once your order has completed.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
many thanks, Ritchie... just wanted to be sure - i thought it would be, but had to ask... got my install date a few days after my payment date, am I correct in thinking that's the date the DD will be on?
and if not can i change it to that date after activation?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Once the service goes live and the order closes, then you start paying for the service and an advance bill generated, your first bill will be a month and a bit, after that normal monthly charges of whatever you signed up for.

Yes you can change the billing cycle, there's more info about that at Can I change when I pay my bill? 

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
what is the "bit" for>? if the service goes live on the 9th am I not billed 9th-8th with the first months payment upfront at 54.99
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

BT bill in advance and your first bill won't be issued on the day the services go live, normally takes a few days to generate and then payment comes out 7 days later, you'll also have a one-off postage charge on the first bill for the hub delivery and any other costs like activation, not all packages have an activation so this might not apply.

Which is why the first bill is higher than normal, the first few days and one-off charges make up the 'and a bit' elements.

It's explained in more detail at Questions about my first BT bill 

Your first BT bill will show standard advance charges for your services, from the date of the current bill to the date of the next scheduled bill.

It may be higher than you expect because it will also include charges from the date your services were activated, up until the date of your first bill. However, your future bills will only include the usual standard advance rental charges and call charges, unless you've changed your package.

0 Ratings