cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonie2014
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

excellent quality of service/product

had my line fitted on friday the 18th infinity 2, tv and phone..i just wanted to say how happy i am with the service so far. excellent speed test results, engineer alan was fantastic!. picture quality excellent on the hd channels...and the minor issue i had with MYBT which has been resolved swiftly.....well done BT!!! keep up the good work and i can see many people comming back from sky and the likes...

14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: excellent quality of service/product

nice to see such a positive post
stephendreay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I think it is not unlikely that given the number of installations and a number of years one would eventually work, although as you say not 100% successful. However, I would suggest that your troubles have only just begun. You await your first billing query, your first contract renewal and your first outage. That is really when the fun begins. I have been with BT since 1976 and had broadband since about 1999. There is really no limit to ways they can screw up and whilst it used to be that they would sort it out and compensate that is no longer the case. Since April alone I have clocked up over 3 hours of telephone calls without resolution. Whilst they are luring customers in with deals they must be losing them at quite a rate given the comments on here. They seem obsessed with 'contracts' even when there is no financial need and can't provide a simple itemised monthly bill. Anyway, I wish you well , who knows they might get better.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

the vast number of installs work first time as does both billing and the help lines for the majority of customers forums by their nature are places where problems are posted and very rarely the praise is posted
stephendreay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Do you have percentage figures or are you just making it up?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

simple well known facts forums are where people come for help regardless of the product or service the vast majority have no problems just as an example I have 7 neighbours plus my self who have all got infinity and have had it 2 years + and have had no problems at all no disconnections drop off in speeds no problems at all
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

@stephendreay wrote:

Do you have percentage figures or are you just making it up?

73.5% of statistics are made up Smiley Wink 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

gg30340 wrote:

73.5% of statistics are made up Smiley Wink 

I make it 75.3%.

One figure I haven't made up is that the total number of people ever registered on this forum is something like 1% of BT's customer base. Even if we all came here initially to have a moan, that surely validates john's point.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
stephendreay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

According to WhichConsumer Organisation BT have a customer satisfaction score of just 53%. The best provider is 78%. So there are quite a lot of customers who aren't satisfied with BT phone and broadband services. They surveyed thousands of BT customers by the way - they didn't just ask their neighbours 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Presumably you are one of the dissatisfied customers but if it's so bad why have you stayed with them from 1976 with your phone and 1999 with your broadband. With a customer base of over 6.96 million a survey of a few thousand may not be truly representative and may be just as accurate as asking your neighbours.

0 Ratings