cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staciiee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

extra £80 added onto the bill i am on paying

i received a bill in dec for £333 something pence, i had never reeived a bill this big before but was told it was because i was paying 3 month in advance,(some was partly my fault as i had call harges on £70) there was no way i could pay this bill as i only receive job seekers allowence of £50 per week and i had split up with my husband. my phone line and internet connection was disconnected as i did not pay my bill, however i rang up bt (in which ever country it is in NOT UK as per usual) i said i could pay a payment of £70 there and then aslong as my services would be switched back on. the women said i could pay that and a direct debit on £50 would be taking my from bank monthly to pay for the rest of the money i owed for that bill, and i was would reeive my next bill as usual,,,,WHAT A LOAD OF LIES,,,,bt tried to take a direct debit from bank account for £266 something pence.... i was told it would be £50 per month not the rest of my outstanding bill.... i rang bt and actually got through to someone english,  she told me that there was no way that they could take £50 a month from my account and thati had been misled into giving my bank accounts. i asked her to find out who i was talking to and all she said was that she would refer her for some form of guidence/training (unsure of exact words). i have been trying my very best to pay as much off my bill as i can up to now i only had £151 to pay and £50 of that would of been paid sat or monday and the rest at the end of next week( i wanted to get it paid off before my next bill so i could change my bills from 3 monthly to monthly). however i went back onto mybt today and not it sayd i owe £230.26..... how is this when my bill was 333 i have paid 180 off it... i might not have been that good at maths but leaves 153 to be paid NOT £230..... where has this extra £80 or so pound come from and why has it been added to this one i am currently paying and not my next bill......NEED HELP FROM AN ENGLISH BT EMPLOYEE. as last time i spoke on phone i got lied to and fobbed off just to get my bank details and i owe my bank bank charges due to this...fairenough i should of paid my bill on time but i was really struggling after splitting from my husband and having to claim JSA but i have been trying my hardest to pay what i owe, but if other charges keep gettin putting on ill never be ale to pay, feel like just giving up and paying no more

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: extra £80 added onto the bill i am on paying

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@staciiee wrote:

i received a bill in dec for £333 something pence, i had never reeived a bill this big before but was told it was because i was paying 3 month in advance,(some was partly my fault as i had call harges on £70) there was no way i could pay this bill as i only receive job seekers allowence of £50 per week and i had split up with my husband. my phone line and internet connection was disconnected as i did not pay my bill, however i rang up bt (in which ever country it is in NOT UK as per usual) i said i could pay a payment of £70 there and then aslong as my services would be switched back on. the women said i could pay that and a direct debit on £50 would be taking my from bank monthly to pay for the rest of the money i owed for that bill, and i was would reeive my next bill as usual,,,,WHAT A LOAD OF LIES,,,,bt tried to take a direct debit from bank account for £266 something pence.... i was told it would be £50 per month not the rest of my outstanding bill.... i rang bt and actually got through to someone english,  she told me that there was no way that they could take £50 a month from my account and thati had been misled into giving my bank accounts. i asked her to find out who i was talking to and all she said was that she would refer her for some form of guidence/training (unsure of exact words). i have been trying my very best to pay as much off my bill as i can up to now i only had £151 to pay and £50 of that would of been paid sat or monday and the rest at the end of next week( i wanted to get it paid off before my next bill so i could change my bills from 3 monthly to monthly). however i went back onto mybt today and not it sayd i owe £230.26..... how is this when my bill was 333 i have paid 180 off it... i might not have been that good at maths but leaves 153 to be paid NOT £230..... where has this extra £80 or so pound come from and why has it been added to this one i am currently paying and not my next bill......NEED HELP FROM AN ENGLISH BT EMPLOYEE. as last time i spoke on phone i got lied to and fobbed off just to get my bank details and i owe my bank bank charges due to this...fairenough i should of paid my bill on time but i was really struggling after splitting from my husband and having to claim JSA but i have been trying my hardest to pay what i owe, but if other charges keep gettin putting on ill never be ale to pay, feel like just giving up and paying no more

Hi staciiee, I would normally suggest using live chat to try and sort something out, but in this instance I think you might be better contacting the mods.

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. It can take up to 3 days ( sometimes longer in busy periods), and they will contact you direct via phone or email.

I hope you get something sorted out.

[edit] oops , Keith beat me to itSmiley Sad

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
staciiee
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

ok thanks

0 Ratings