Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

false default has shown up on my credit score

Go to solution

Hi folks,

I hope one of the moderators can pick this up ASAP. I've searched the forums and it seems though a few other people hve had the same problemas me.I've just done a check on my credit rating and a false default has shown up on my credit score.

I've been a BT customer for decades but needed a static ip address so was advised i needed a business account. I ordered this and it was duely provisioned. The problem arose at this point as BT Business didn't communicate with BT Residential and they carried on trying to charge me for a service they were no longer providing. I contacted my business account manager and she said she'd deal with it. The next thing i hear is from a debt collection agency. I told my account manager and once again she said she'd deal with it. Guess what....! Another, more threatening, letter from the debt collection agency adding additional charges on. I called them and forwarded all the emails from my account manager and they agreed they would no longer be persuing the money that BT had said i owed. I assumed this was all over but now i see it wasn't. Because of BT's monumental inability to communicate i have a default on my credit score. Not sure who to contact now as i've already emailed BT 3 times over the past 3 weeks but got no reply other than the usual promise to get back to you within 24 hours.. Next step i suppose has to be Ofcom or FCA ?? 

The best part about this though is that as part of my job i'm responsible for signing the £30k invoices a quarter for the business lines.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Re: False default on my credit report, BT error

Go to solution

I've had the exact same thing. I switched from a residential line to a business line and residential still kept charging me for a line i was paying BT business for. I have all the emails from my account manager admitting it's their fault but they have still put me on a list. Even the company they sent to collect the "so called debt" said it was a mistake and wouldn't continue with it. I've emailed numerous times now and an getting fed up of trying to sort it with BT. Not sure what my next move will be but i would think it'll be ofcom or the fca.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: false default has shown up on my credit score

Go to solution

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

The moderators on this forum cannot help with BT Business accounts.

This link may help

For any queries about your credit file it should be raised directly with Equifax.

You can find out how to contact them and what happens at the below link:

Have a question about your credit file?

0 Ratings
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I'm not a BT Business customer at my private house anymore. It caused so much aggrovation i cancelled the business agreement. Also BT Business will not deal with this as it's a residential billing matter. See the confusion....!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@dwmilly thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems you've had getting this sorted. The first thing to do is to raise a dispute directly to Equifax regarding the default on your credit file and they will work with BT resolve your complaint. You'll find Equifax's contact info on this link.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Have emailed Equifax and sent the email thread from my account manager.. It's a good read.. Starts off like this

0 Ratings
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Why have you edited my reply to your post ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@dwmilly Please check your private messages for an explanation.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Sorry I wasn't allowed to include my account managers email address in the last post so i've just put her reply so i don't break the rules .. Sorry

So she said this..!!

Date: Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 10:30
To: Me  ( Edited this bit )
Subject: My account!! (Edited this bit)

Ha ha ha ha  the communication between BT Residential & BT Business billing is diabolical !!

I have been re-assured that it’s all sorted and the debt has been recalled, okay I will wait to hear back regarding the correct address,

Thanks

Her name!  ( Might have edited this bit too!)

0 Ratings
dwmilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

So passed the emails onto equifax but got really mad about this so have also made a complaint to the financial ombudsmen service. Things like this shouldn't be allowed to happen. Ofcom next .

0 Ratings