Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

fibre essential to fibre 1?

Hi, 

So i have recently have been given a smarthub 2 and a ''free upgrade to fibre'' Here's the thing, on my account i'm getting a message that says i need to renew now because my broadband discount is ending. I would assume that means the contract is near an end. So the packages it puts together for me are all various Fibre with halo ones of which i have no interest and are more expensive. The only other option is one called Fibre 1 which actually others all the same things as i have now (Fibre essential) the only difference is its £5 more. But why would i want to opt for a more expensive package that offers nothing more than what i already have? Is there any other options here..like stay on essential etc? I would appreciate any help/advice.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: fibre essential to fibre 1?

Give customer options 0800 800 030 a call

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Phone the BT Renewal Team on 0800.800 030 to see what you can negotiate and what they can offer you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

ok, will do that. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

@chris010109wrote:

The only other option is one called Fibre 1 which actually others all the same things as i have now (Fibre essential) the only difference is its £5 more. But why would i want to opt for a more expensive package that offers nothing more than what i already have? 

The difference is speed, Fibre 1 is 36% faster than essential, only if your line supports it though.

Fibre essential is up to 38 mbps download.
Fibre 1 is up to 55 mbps download.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Well on both these packages for me it says 9mb - 17 mb download.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If that's as fast as your line will support, the package won't make any difference.

0 Ratings