Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hatty
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

help i need a new bt number

Go to solution

hi can anyone tell me how i can change my bt phone no. I'm receiving calls from loan , car finance and debt consolidation companies its awful they are so persistent ive tried to block no's but one loan company came through on 4 different no's also getting silent calls and recorded messages. i don't want or need any of these things i just want them to go away PLZ HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: help i need a new bt number

Go to solution

Have a look at the link below, and note the number to ring for malicious calls etc.  Im sure you will find assistance here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9954/kw/nuisance%20calls/c/345,351,363/session/L3RpbW...

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Assuming you have tried those steps and it has not stopped the calls, then BT do offer a free renumbering service (but you need to have tried those steps first!). The billing team do it an they can be called on 150
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

An alternative to changing your number is to purchase a device called "Truecall".  Many on here use it; google it and take a look.

That way your friends/family can continue to use the same number. You wont be pestered again, if the feedback is anywhere correct on the device. Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
hatty
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

thankyou for your help , ill see how it goes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Have you registered with the Telephone Preference Service? It's not perfect but they can and do take action against UK-based companies who cold call registered numbers. They say it takes up to 28 days to become effective but it's often much quicker than that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings