cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markyemi84
Message 1 of 5

home phone

Is it possible to get a home phone off bt and pay when i get my 1st bill?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: home phone

Welcome to the forum. According to BT's Standard Residential Terms you get your first bill shortly after the service starts and it would have to be paid straight away. I assume it would comprise advance rental for the billing period plus any initial installation charges. They may also require a deposit or upfront payment but don't specify when that applies; you should be able to get relevant advice on 0800 100 400 (0330 1234 150 on a mobile).

I would opt for monthly billing and avoid the Monthly Payment Plan (quarterly bills with a regular monthly payment) as it is often more trouble than it's worth. Not paying by direct debit attracts a processing fee of £2 a month and paper bills are charged at £1.50 each.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
markyemi84
Message 3 of 5

My phone an broadband get connected tomorro i was i was atually onabout the atuall phone its self i did have one but its broke 😕
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@markyemi84 wrote:
My phone an broadband get connected tomorro i was i was atually onabout the atuall phone its self i did have one but its broke 😕

Far far cheaper to buy one yourself. Ebay, Sainsbury's, Tesco , everyone is selling them.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Sorry, misunderstood. It is possible to rent phones from BT by calling 0800 800 150; see here. Few people do it these days as handsets are so cheap to buy.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.