cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlg89
Message 1 of 12

house move

Hello,

new to the forums, signed up whilst having trouble with my house move for a little assistance if any one can advise.... im a BT infinity customer, informed BT of house move some time ago and was given the activation date at new property of today.

as instructed i plugged the modem in this morning and have waited all day, with a purple flashing light on the modem, for my broadband to connect.

having no joy i contacted BT via the online chat link received in an email. i got through to a helpful advisor who was able to quickly inform me that my application has been rejected by openreach. I was told that i would receive a call between 8am and 9pm tomorrow to advise on what happens next...

what does rejected by openreach mean? when we informed bt of the move we were told they had checked the new property and everything was fine for our internet to be switched.

if openreach have rejected the application what does this mean for my prospects of broadband in the near future?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: house move

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your BT Retail phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

I assume you are getting dial tone on your phone?

0 Ratings
karlg89
Message 3 of 12

Hi Keith,

we dont actually own a house phone.. havent done for a few years now!

also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place... using my mobile and think might have opened topic in wrong area.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Without a landline you cannot tell if you line is active and you just have problems getting infinity or you don't have an active phone line which is worse

a cheap corded phone is an essential 'piece of kit' so you can check you line status and also check for line noise which could easily save you paying £130 for openreach callout

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
karlg89
Message 5 of 12

i understand having an actual phone is beneficial for testing the line having read a little on the forums before posting but unfortunately unable to get one untill tomorrow when BT will hopefully be calling anyway... i was more wondering if openreach rejecting the application means we cant get infinity?

we didnt have a phone at the last property when we initially got BT, or Sky firbe broadband before that, and it has never been a problem in the past
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

You must have been given a phone number for your house, when you placed the order?

0 Ratings
karlg89
Message 7 of 12

yes we have a phone number but dont have a physical phone plugged in
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Then use that number on the broiadband availabilitychecker

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
karlg89
Message 9 of 12

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

it was only today it was supposed to be activated ...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Then try your new address in the checker and post results. Not as accurate as phone number but good guide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings