cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

is the fibre extension cabinet now live?

Good morning 

RE: Exchange WADSLEY BRIDGE served by Cabinet 98

Can you confirm if you can get me any update regarding the extension of the cabinet 98

If you check the bt availability checker it has always said there is spare capacity which after purchasing a propery and moving in i found to be incorrect and that the extension cabinet has now been installed as i drive past it every morning (installed for some time)

i chased openreach for an update and they returned the following message

"Note: There are spare ports available in cabinet 98 which has an incremental project completed, please contact to your chosen service provider and ask them to place order"

Can you please confirm if my order can be escalated?

many thanks

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: is the fibre extension cabinet now live?

Is this a continuation of https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/New-land-line-FRUSTRATIONS/m-p/1893793#M61231

That thread was not marked as solved.

Have you placed an order for broadband yet?

0 Ratings
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Hi Keith
I have now marked that thread as solved.
The landline and copper broadband have been installed.
I have placed an order for fibre broadband and am currently on the waiting list.
In the past i have been told by BT engineers that the cabinet has now been extended but as of the beginning of December the extended cabinet although wired up was not fully connected to the main cabinet.
I chased openreach who gave me the message that
"There are spare ports available in cabinet 98 which has an incremental project completed, please contact to your chosen service provider and ask them to place order"

I wanted to check that this was the case
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

what does it say when you enter your phone number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

It says fibre is available .....and ..........has always said fibre is available. 

I have ordered fibre 3 times since november to be told the exchange is full so it gets automatically cancelled which always contradicts what i am being told 

I now understand the cabinet has been extended as a smaller cabinet has been installed next to  the existing one.

I am still on the waiting list but would like update as openreach say the extended cabinet is complete

0 Ratings
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

F96E605D-3BF4-4417-85A3-779B55188B77.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

As existing customer try options team on 0800800030 and see if they can help you as checker showing available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Could someone look into this for me please

Again this morning i have received an email from openreach stating

FTTC is showing available to order but capacity is limited at CAB98 that provides service to your property.

Please contact your Service Provider as soon as possible to place an order"

so i have contacted BT to confirm whether it is correct and whether the extension cabinet is activated. 

they have told me its full? when i asked if that was the main cabinet or extenstion cabinet she couldnt answer me?

the extension cabinet wasnt live mid december so i will be susprised if its already full ??

I need to know the full extent as i will be making  a claim agains BT if i cannot get fibre as i wouldnt have purchased the property if all the checks said there was a waiting list

thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

I assume you have a working ADSL connection, so you do have service, so its difficult to see how you could make any claim. There are plenty of people in your situation.

0 Ratings
Hesthekeeper
Contributor
Message 10 of 25

thankyou for the response.

The claim is associated with the dsl checker not stating the correct 'waiting list' message.

I only require clariifcation if the extenstion cabinet is live and now full or whether it is not on the system yet and it is actually the main cab that is ful

0 Ratings