Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jw111
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

itemised billing !!!

Go to solution

It seems that I, along with many others , am just banging my head on a brick wall. BT operatives cannot /will not give a reasonable or practical reason why theycant/wont give itemised call charges.

So I raised a complaint,heard nothing for 2 weeks ,chased them up and was told to "expect a call on the 19th. Dec between 10.30 and 12.30" I waited and SHOCK ! no call came. However, an e-mail timed at 10.18 on 19th Dec. informed me that my complaint had been closed !!!!   

Spent an hour ! earlier today trying to explain how outrageous this was but to no avail, just given a load of old bull and repeated meaningless "apologies"    IF THEY KEEP HAVING TO APOLOGISE,THEY PROBABLY DON'T MEAN IT.

I am submitting a SAR, and will keep you all posted on the progress/outcome.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: itemised billing !!!

Go to solution

@jw111 

I can see itemised calls on my recent bill, so I am not sure what the issue is?

The numbers are shown, but because I have an anytime call package, the costs are shown as zero.

Capture.JPG

Are you a BT Residential customer?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe    I think the issue is that you can no longer download itemised calls as a csv file which people then incorporated into whatever they were using to analyse things . 

I am happy that the calls are displayed on the bill as I now only need to download that now rather than also downloading the csv file to keep a record of my calls.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@conrad wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe    I think the issue is that you can no longer download itemised calls as a csv file which people then incorporated into whatever they were using to analyse things . 

I am happy that the calls are displayed on the bill as I now only need to download that now rather than also downloading the csv file to keep a record of my calls.

I would suspect that it was removed because most people would not need it.

I would expect that BT Business Account customers, would still have this facility.

0 Ratings
jw111
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I have the anytime calls bundle too, it costs about £7-8 per month. My usage is quite low and if I make £20 worth of calls each month this is a good deal, any less than £7 per month isn't. To establish if this is the best deal for me would be itemised billing.    this option has been available for decades and, as lots of people want/need it for lots of reasons, why not provide it ?      I would think that transparency in billing is a worthy goal (or am I being naive) plus a meritable unique selling point ?  

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I think you would be surprised how much calls actually cost without a calls package.

Once you add the connection charge for each call, plus the duration charge, the costs would soon mount up, especially if you do not get through to the person you are calling, first time, or the line is busy, you could end up racking up a large number of connection charges.

If you try and change your calls package online, it would normally indicate whether you are on the best package, based on the average number of calls you have recently made.

0 Ratings
jw111
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Like most people I am aware of how expensive charges can be and how they quickly mount up. that is why I require the itemised billing. In regard to this I accept that my protestations amount to nothing.  As a loyal (since 1991) customer I am disgusted that my complaint appeared to be ignored until I chased it up , and then was closed prematurely and without my knowledge, and was not resolved.

Today BT are sorry for this, sorry for that,      me ? I'm just sorry that I'm a BT customer.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

From forum posts less and less customers use their landline to make calls and only have the landline as it is needed for their broadband connection.  These customer like myself use their mobile phone for calls as they have an unlimited calls package

BT obviously recognise this as the new BT broadband packages only include line rental and no free calls.  Free call packages are now add-ons. Bearing this in mind itemised billing is unlikely to return

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Am I missing something...... Why would an itemised bill show what a call made within your call package would have cost you if it was not included in your call package. That would seem to be a relatively unnecessary additional piece of information that I suspect the vast majority of people would have no interest or requirement in knowing. 

The itemised bill shows what calls you made and the charges that are relevant for that call. If you have a call package you are not charged for the calls that are included within the package therefore showing the charge as zero is correct.  If your call is not included within your call package the cost of the call will be itemised on the bill.

This may not be relevant to you but if you have a mobile phone you are probably paying for some sort of "free" calls in your mobile phone calling package. Depending how many call you actually make it may be that it would work out cheaper if you dropped your BT calling package and just use your mobile phone package to make your calls. I know many people, myself included, who have done that and now make no calls on the BT landline.

You will of course still receive calls on your land line if somebody calls you.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

The old style bills for me always gave a summary of the number of calls and the total time - I then had to download the csv file for an itemisation.  The new style bill gives a usage summary of calls made by no of calls made , time , and cost. It also provides an itemised usage per call made.
Surely this info alone is sufficient to work out whether or not what call package is appropriate.

I am on an anytime calls package and am one of those people who doesn't really use a mobile that much - a Nokia from the late 90s and only use it for the odd text and top it up with £5 every 18 months or so ,if that.

0 Ratings