cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

lack of service

This is a copy of an email I would like to send to BT customer complaints but can't seem to find a way to do this

I have an open order for a home move. 

This order was originally booked in for 20th March but moved to 25th March after BT got the address wrong 5 times, which each time took 24 hours to re-order after spending up to an hour on the phone to customer services every day. When the OpenReach engineer arrived on the 25th it was by then a day after the full lockdown was in place. He was able to complete a certain amount of the work but was unable to finish off as the pole supplying the flats where I live was too high for his ladders. So he advised that another OpenReach engineer would have to  come along with suitable equipment to reach the high pole. It is now almost a month since the 25th March and of course I still have no landline. I have been supplied with a mobile mini-hub which initially worked reasonably well but in recent days has become more erratic. Today for instance, despite working OK for most of the morning when I tried to reconnect late afternoon it has taken over 4 hours of trying and I still can't connect to the Internet. (I have got on temporarily via BT-with-FON)

I have rung BT customer services on numerous occasions to chase up this order but they have advised that they are in the hands of OpenReach and can't help as I'm not a  priority customer. I appreciate that I do not have cancer, a life-threatening illness etc or work for any of the essential services.

However, it is equally not my fault that BT got my address wrong 5 times when setting up my home move order which delayed the order being placed until the lockdown was in force. Had BT not been negligent in fulfilling the order in the first place, it is much more likely that my order would have been completed before the lockdown came into effect.  Although I do not fall into the category of an essential customer for OpenReach, I am nevertheless regarded to be be at high risk, being 72 years old this year, with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Plus my small business is as an internet retailer - but with no Internet access obviously I can't do this -
all my web hosting and programs are online and based in the USA. It is impossible for me to run my business without an Internet connection.

BT have thoroughly let me down, now for about a month, with no prospect of when my service can be supplied, and the last comment from BT customer service was that I would be unlikely to have my service resumed until the end of lockdown which obviously could be some months away.

The government have asked us to work from home, but BT have made this impossible for me. As far as I can see, the only way for me to achieve this is to buy a laptop and find somewhere outside my flat which gives me reliable Internet access, which then would mean I would be breaking the law by being outside my flat all day, plus given my high risk status, I would be running the risk of catching the virus and falling seriously ill.

I don't want a reply with advice from a member of the public,  I am asking for BT to get this sorted. I will be writing to BT complaints postal address as they seem to keep their email address hidden. I'm hoping that someone from BT will see this before my postal letter gets to Durham. BT customer services are currently helping me try and fix the mini-mobile hub problem but can't sort the OpenReach.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: lack of service

This is a public forum so remove your personal information - vol number and account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Awaiting edit by moderator, as personal info exposed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Now edited. Thanks Matt.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@stephencbrix wrote:

. Plus my small business is as an internet retailer - but with no Internet access obviously I can't do this -
all my web hosting and programs are online and based in the USA. It is impossible for me to run my business without an Internet connection.

Are you a BT Business user then. as I think you may be posting on the wrong forum.

Try https://business.forums.bt.com/

This is only a customer forum, and the only BT people are the moderators, who edited your post to protect your privacy.

0 Ratings