Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelvinbeerjones
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number

Go to solution

See below,

I can't find a 'My Profile' page, and this error comes up every time I try to contact BT, and it never gets sorted out.

As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey as the landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number. To update it, please take the following steps:

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number

Go to solution

Hi @kelvinbeerjones welcome to the forum and sorry you are getting this message. If you are looking to place an order please give us a call on 0800 800 150 and our sales team will be happy to get the order placed for you. They will also be able to correct the phone number on your MyBT to the correct number so you can place future orders online.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
kelvinbeerjones
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi John,

I've tried calling few times now but still the website won't recognise me, even though I've been a customer for 40 years!

I have hearing impairment and prefer to use chat or email so that I can be sure what is being communicated.

I'd resally like to stay with BT as a customer, my account is running out and I can't renew. Coud you get someone to txt me or email me please?

Thanks,

Kelvin

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @kelvinbeerjones,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems that you've had getting your number updated.  Here is the link to our live chat team who should be able to help update your number  >> BT Live Chat Team <<

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
kelvinbeerjones
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Tks Robbie, did that - Sangeeta got me all sorted! We can close this chat now. K
0 Ratings
species5618
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I now have the same issue, the suggested helplink How can I change my BT contact details in My BT? | BT Help

points to menu that don't exist

i have had TWO chat sessions over the past few days, but this has not been resolved

Suggestions

0 Ratings