cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

miss sold and constantly told different information

On 11 of June I called BT as my contract was going to end on July(Halo 3 50-77Mbps (guaranted 46Mbps).

I have been told that all customers are moved to BT so i was to.

I have looked on internet and found out that I do not need to agree to be moved to EE so I called BT on 13 ofJune telling them I want to stay with BT and not move to EE- and here where the nigtmare, problems misleading information , y own frustration started:

- On 13 of June I was told that my account was closed day before and I was moved to EE so if I want to go back to BT I will be new customer. I said that is fine and I went to BT website and found package Fibre 2 +complete wifi+hybrid connect for £49.99 and ask for that.

Person on the call said that today he see that only Fibre 1 is  available- I replied that your engineer came yestarday and fixed the line as there was an issue where speed on my Halo package dropped to only 18Mbps and engineer said that for some reason your line is capped at 40Mbps dowload and 10Mbps upload. I have said that to the person on the call and after some checks he confirmed that and said that EE capped my line .

he said that on 27th of June BT take over the line and my package Fibre2+complete wifi+hybrid connect will be activated.

Since 13 of June and then 27 of June (activation of my new customer account and package ) nothing changed my line is capped , my package is Fibre 1 and after more than 10 calls with BT on which every time I have been toldsifferent stories I ended up in frustration and do not know where to go.

i had many calls with them with outcome as follow:

On one  call - they said dont worry it will take couple of days and you get your package active : NEVER  HAPPENED

ON another call - they said within 1 hour your package will be active with agreed price on 13th June - NEVER happened

On another calls -simmilar things which never happened.

Overal on the end:

On the last call they told me that if I want Fibre 2 I need to upgrade my package and it will cost £20 more - I said I dont want to upgrade , I want my package I was told on the call.

To all of you - be really carefull what they telling you on the call as I gurantee that on the next call you will hear completly different story . 

It is now over a month since 13 of June call and I have no way yet to fix it and no one from BT side even care - so they proud to have best customer service is completly lie.

Forgot to add - few times they just cut me off the call as they could not help me and when I asked to put me on the call with someone who can help me - this is how the best customer service work in BT.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: miss sold and constantly told different information

Hi there !

When dealing with BT / EE, I keep a copy of the both the BT / EE Consumer Guides to hand. What I've been offered, and what's in the guides do, occasionally, conflict. What I've never resolved is, are all the contents of both guides, up for grabs, all the time; alternatively, are 'specials' being pushed out; all the stuff, not being available, all the time ?
Quizzical 1.png

0 Ratings