Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eduard1
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

move with home

Hello i want to ask you a question.

I moved my contract to another house, where i was supposed to move.The thing is, my actual landlord already has a contract with TALK TALK and when the BT started the contract in the new adress the landlord told me, that you guys from BT took over and her contract was closed by BT.

The question is... it's that possible to close the contract without landlord confirmation?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: move with home

Its quite possible. The landlord should have received notification from TalkTalk that someone wanted to takover their line. If they ignored the notification, then BT would have taken over the line and their TT contract would have been ended.

Perhaps TT forgot to tell the landlord or they did not notify them?

You would have needed your own line anyway, if the landlord wanted to keep the TT line.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

@eduard1wrote:

Hello i want to ask you a question.

I moved my contract to another house, where i was supposed to move.The thing is, my actual landlord already has a contract with TALK TALK and when the BT started the contract in the new adress the landlord told me, that you guys from BT took over and her contract was closed by BT.

The question is... it's that possible to close the contract without landlord confirmation?

Hi @eduard1.  The TalkTalk account holder would have been given 14 days to cancel the take over by BT. These are the rules by Ofcom to make switching easier. If they didn’t respond within the 14 days then confirmation is assumed. 

0 Ratings
eduard1
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I will told exactly what the landlord told me on whatsapp:

"I am still on the phone with talk talk, they charging me 256+28.40 pounds because what BT done.When I will see you we need to sort it out you will have to pay me this money.I will come today and collect money from you regarding this.

You will need to talk with BT and get the money back.I am still on the phone to sort it out since 7:30 am" ( the actual hour when she writed me was 10:10 am)

She also told me that she did not recived any mail from talk talk.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

The fact that TalkTalk did not tell her, is not your fault. She should have received a letter from them, or some form of notification.

As you are in dispute with you landlord, it would not be appropriate to discuss this further on this BT customer forum.

0 Ratings
eduard1
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

In the house they are three sockets for internet and in my actual room is one socket that is written BT .And outside of my room in the hall was her connection with talk talk and BT started on the same line.

0 Ratings
eduard1
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thank you for answering all of my questions  it is very helpfull for me , i apologize for this!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

In theory it should be possible to correct all of this. I have asked a forum moderator to comment, as they can look at your home move order and see what was requested.  I am not sure they can help, but you never know.

The first thing may be to get TT to reinstate the service, and then take it from there.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@eduard1wrote:

I will told exactly what the landlord told me on whatsapp:

"I am still on the phone with talk talk, they charging me 256+28.40 pounds because what BT done.When I will see you we need to sort it out you will have to pay me this money.I will come today and collect money from you regarding this.

You will need to talk with BT and get the money back.I am still on the phone to sort it out since 7:30 am" ( the actual hour when she writed me was 10:10 am)

She also told me that she did not recived any mail from talk talk.

Hi @eduard1  The fact that TalkTalk failed to notify her of the move or termination fees is grounds for her to get her money back from TalkTalk. I would say the ball is in her court. Mind you somebody may have to pay some termination fees whether it is from TalkTalk or BT and to be be fair that is probably your responsibility.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 10 of 10

Hi @eduard1,

What has been said in the thread is correct. Your landlord should have been notified by their ISP that someone had requested to take over the line. Your Landlord would need to take this up with her ISP to find out why this didn't happen.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings