cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

my bill not explained

I have, what I think is a valid question: why are BT billing me a Regular Charge of £63.76 for Fibre2 (with no added extras) when they are advertising Fibre2 at £31.99?

I accept that there could be the following additions to the bill :

If VAT of 20% is not included, Fibre2 then costs £38.38

If Line Rental of £20.20 is not included, the cost of Fibre2 then increases to £58.58 

If line rental is subject to VAT the overall cost of Fibre2 increases by another £4.04 to £62.63.

And Fibre2 is still advertised at £31.99 per month with no mention of other charges???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: my bill not explained

£31.99 pm is what I'm paying for Fibre 2, including line rental and VAT. That includes a £8 pm discount for signing up for a new 24 month contract as a new customer, and that price gives you NO inclusive calls at all - every call is billed on a PAYG basis.

I'm not sure what extras you have, but if you are out of contract, you can probably get a discounted package if you recontract for a further period. It seems to be the way of all telecoms business now, discounts in exchange for tying yourself into a 12-18-24 month contract.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I've tries the help desk . . . is that an oxymoron?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Do you have any extras like calls packages, Complete Wifi, Halo, etc.? These can soon bump the monthly cost up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Gresford wrote:
I've tries the help desk . . . is that an oxymoron?

No, it's a typo.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I have Halo2. however, I upgraded to this a month or so ago, when I was advised that it would increase my monthly payments by £3-4. my previous regular charge was about £45 so I was expecting a new charge of between £45-£50. my main frustration is that it is soooo difficult to get a clear answer from BT (gggrrrrrr!)
0 Ratings