cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyblueAndy
Message 1 of 5

new broadband customer billed from order date and not activation date?

Go to solution

I switched to BT and my broadband & phone package was activated on 10 April. I have had a payment taken out from my bank account on the 24 April for the monthly charge of £32.79 even though I have only been with BT for 2 weeks.

I have had a closer look at my billing details and I have been charged this money for the period from 19 March-09 April when I was not even a BT customer at that time.

I may have ordered from BT on the 19 March but that does not give BT the right to charge me for a service that I never received till the 10 April

Surely my 1st monthly bill should be from 10 April when I was activated to 10 May?? or if the billing date is the same for everyone the 10 April to 24 April i.e 2 weeks payment not a whole months payment.

Why has BT billed me prematurely?

This isn't a very good start for a first time BT customer and would like a moderator to explain and help solve this issue?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: new broadband customer billed from order date and not activation date?

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer forum @SkyblueAndy

Broadband and line rental is charged in advance, and I think you will find a credit for any part of the payment that was made before service was activated. This should show on your next billl.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @SkyblueAndy Hopefully Keith has been able to resolve this query for you but if you still have any query over your first bill try our Bill Explainer  and this should help you understand the bill. 

Post back and let us know how you get on.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SkyblueAndy
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I understand now, it just seemed I was getting a bill for the time prior to activation and didn't realise it was an advanced payment. Thanks Keith and John for your efforts. I wish my wages were paid in advance!!

0 Ratings