Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stuarte1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

new contract old bill

Go to solution

I took out a new phone and broadband contract, im a current customer, been with bt broadband for years. my new deal is good price, i set up direct debit, confusion occured over last bill which got posted today and live online, it shows 3 months in advnace rental, the salesperson said ignore that and jsut pay the correct amount by cheque/cash etc as normal sometime in next 4 weeks, im usually a bit late and select more time.

however on my live account it says last bill must be direct debit( which is against saleperson info and must be for 3 months despite my new contract for month to month direct debit, had 2 online chats , different answers, was told to pay £53 in next 8 days , towards last final bill, then cancel direct debit at bank, and then await first bill for new contract next month and then pay the reamaining amount less 3 months rental which should be removed, was told i got an extension, but was also told pay £173, cancel direct at bank and with bt get late payment charge!! plus cancel direct debit online btcom.

It wont let me cancel direct debit on bt com, it shows oops error try later, live help said its a fault.

I am trying to pay my last bill simply debit card in next 3 to 4 weeks, but will only pay true amount eg broadband , calls overusage etc, but not the 3 months in advance, its a mess.dont want cut offf, overpaying or late fees, will never have a direct debit ever again cos of this help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
stuarte1
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: new contract old bill

Go to solution

update, paid the lot off by card, 

now ,i want to know ,how long and what happens to a refund as i paid 3 months upfront instead of one.as im now on whole bill direct debit,

also whats line rental plus, does that mean if you dont pay by direct debit, eg cheque, cash, card, you have to pay £21 monthly for that pleasure ????

0 Ratings
stuarte1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

or is that a £2 extra charge, not £21.99, confused

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @stuarte1 sorry your latest bill was for more than you expected.

Were you previously billed monthly and have had your billing changed to a quarterly bill? As you have now paid the bill in full you won't receive your next bill for 3 months. 

I want to receive paper bills will confirm the paper bill charge for you.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
stuarte1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

my old bill was via the post 3 months in advance, my new contract is whole bill monthly direct debit, does that mean i have to wait till novemeber bill to get a refund of the 3 months i paid in advance.

0 Ratings
stuarte1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

can i also ask if i phone a non bt mobile eg 02 and the mobile is busy eg engaged do i get billed a connection charge 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @stuarte1 I take it that when you contacted the billing team they have arranged for you to be changed over to monthly billing and the next will be in November. In that case your next bill will refund the rental for the 3rd month as the second months rental would normally be charged on that. 

You would only be charged for a call that is connected. If you get an engaged tone then you would not be charged unless the number you are calling goes to an automated switchboard or answering service.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings