cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malcolm3112
Message 1 of 5

new customers get Amazon echo what do existing customers get

Go to solution

I recieved in the post today 5th Oct the BT offer to new superfast fibre customers of an amazon echo.  Very nice offer , I have however been a superfast fibre customer for many years and even pay my line rental up front so to recive a well deserved discount for forward payment. I am however hurt and actually angry that existing loyal customers are ignored whilst BT offer newbies such lucrative incentives. I am now looking via uswitch for better deals from companies that will value their existing cusomers.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: new customers get Amazon echo what do existing customers get

Go to solution

That is the way of the world. You would probably have been given some incentive when you first joined BT.

Most people stay with the same company because they can not be bothered looking around for the best deal therefore there is no need for companies to offer a "loyalty" bonus.

For every customer that moves there will be another along to take their place.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I've been a customer of BT for several years with their Infinity broadband and up front line rental saver for the phone line. 

I don't think it's unusual for a company to offer incentives to sign up new customers. I know that when I subscribed to Sky Q I got some definite financial advantage that earlier adopters didn't. When I bought a new car Ford offered a significant discount (not just to me, but to anyone that was wanting to buy a Focus) that wasn't available to people that purchased a couple of months earlier.

Isn't it just the way the commercial world of offering services/products works - not worth getting upset or annoyed about.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Existing customers of BT and most providers can usually get reductions on standard prices if they're smart enough to renegotiate when their minimum period expires, though they would be lucky to get what's on offer to new customers. As far as the Amazon Echo is concerned, it's unrealistic to think that millions of existing customers should be provided with valuable hardware used for promotional purposes. Half a £billion's worth of free gifts? I don't think so even if enough could be sourced.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Ridders10
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
We are a new customer and signed up when the Alexa and prepaid card were incentives. After countless calls we have yet to see either but had bt installed over two months ago. Looks like new customers do not get any incentives, just fobbed off
0 Ratings