cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

new home

Go to solution

hi all

i will be moving into a new home and want to join bt, i cannot move into the property untill the 18th of november but dont want to be with out broadband.

can i set it up even though the existing tenent wont be out till the 12th of november 

meaning can i get the ball rolling before i move in the the proprty?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: new home

Go to solution

Yes. Just tell BT when you want the account to start and as long as the "old" tenant has stopped their phone/broadband by that date there should be no problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@jayclarke 

Just place your order and specify the date you want service. The existing owners will be informed by their provider that you want to takeover the line on that date. Provided they do not cancel the takeover, then BT will takeover the line on that date.

Its called a Working Line Takeover.

If they ask their provider to cease their service before that date, then there will be a pending cease on the line, and your order will fail, and would have to be submitted again when the cease order closed. That would mean you would not be able to takeover the line on the date you requested, and you would be without service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

As the others have said, you can do this. We did ours a month before we moved in .. it would have gone seemlessly as well if some numpty (me) didn't give BT the wrong address 🙄😂

0 Ratings