cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

no landline

Go to solution

from BT ......."You have told us that your fault was fixed"

this is my tracking info dated today 26th dec i did nothing of the sort been waiting for activation since 16th dec had chat with 4 agents it's like talking to robots latest activation date is 29th dec can i cancel my contract if this fails

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: no landline

Go to solution

@weesmokey39 

What package did you order from BT Retail, as not all broadband packages include a phone line?

Is your broadband working?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

broadband and landline so no use trying broadband if no landline or so iv'e been told

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@weesmokey39 wrote:

broadband and landline so no use trying broadband if no landline or so iv'e been told

Not true, you can have broadband delivered down the copper wires, or optical fibre,  to your house, without any phone service.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

What broadband package did you order, and has the BT Smart Hub 2 been delivered yet?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

my products broadband and landline kit delivered hub 4 just finished a two year contract using hub 5 no problems being treated as a new costomer account new landline number 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Yes can still have broadband with no landline as that is what they have done to me Christmas eve cut my land line off and put me on broadband only after i asked to be moved to a cheaper package with land line, My phone is dead but the internet is fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@weesmokey39 

as @Keith_Beddoe has asked which broadband package have you got?  if using a hh4/5 then you must be using separate modem if on FTTC or just the hub if still on older adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

as a 78 year old i do not know what all the abbreviations mean all i know is iv'e paid my landline up front the hub card reads BTHub4-H39Q also read on the community somewhere that it's no use trying to connect broadband if you do not have a landline connection but thank you all for your help i'll just have to wait this one out

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

which master phone socket do you have?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@weesmokey39wrote:

i'll just have to wait this one out

Remember, for some reason your package/problem has been marked fixed. That being the case, it is better not to wait and get in touch with support again (unless your case is passed over to the Mods for assistance).

0 Ratings