cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

over charged and lied to still not refunded

I was over charged on my last bill. I called and they said it was refunded and sorted beforw the money was due to be taken. Just got bank statement and they took the extra 21 quid any way despite getting a sms text to confirm the ref7nd before the bill went out. Just echatted and was lied to and missinformed constantly by the advisor. He wanted to transfer me to on shore so i could cancel sport hd to avoid being charged over an over. He asked me to log off the browser before he would transfer me. This was so i could not fill in the survey afterwards. What a snake. I refused. Still not been refunded. Expect this to go on an on for months now.
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: over charged and lied to still not refunded

Just to add I have filled in two online email complaints which state they will respond in 24hrs, well 3 days so far nothing! Who can i call when I cannot trust any one In BT to tell the truth? they could have firstly not made the billing mistake, secondly fixed it as promised, thirdly appologised and fixed it yesterday. but now it is just turning into hours of was

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 26

Hi drjotty,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry that things aren't right with your billing and that the refund hasn't been processed yet. I would like to sort this out for you. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

but i have already used the email part of my bt pages 2 times with no reply in 72 hours.

so here goes AGAIN as requested

Enquiry confirmation

Thank you for your enquiry. We will respond to your enquiry 'as soon as possible' (how long is that?). Please make a note of your enquiry reference number and use it in further correspondence.

Your enquiry reference number: 150513-xxxxxx

so what happens next? do I have to wait days more?

or do I have to call 0207 981 3040 tomorrow as clearly BT takes money that is not theirs even when they say they won't so their customer service and billing is clearly not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 26

It can take upto 3/5 days

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

3 to 5 days to get a response ! it said on the automated response when i filled in the form for you 24 hrs but up to 48 hrs if busy. that is NOT 3 to 5 days in my book. really is no one listening or able to call me the customer and help me? it has already been a month

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 26

The mods will help you get it sorted but you are currently in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help all of whom consider their problem a priority hence why emails are dealt with in order of receipt. it can take 3/5 working days for mods to contact you after submitting the email. Source imjolly

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Then why have a screen pop up promising 24hrs when we aubmit? That is setting and failing expectations right from the start? Change your splash screen!!!!! I echatted bt AGAIN today and they say the refund from monday is not on the system and they will do it again....3 times now. Is that how bt does business. What happened to right first time and keeping promises. I am not shouting at you. I am angry that bt consistently gets it wrong
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

My advice would be not to contact customer services again. By re-contacting Customer Services it can lead to confusion about who is dealing with your problem.

Now that you have replied to the moderators, they will get back to you when your reply reaches the top of their work stack and they will take personal ownership of your problem until it is resolved.

The reason for the incorrect information regarding their time scale is that normally they will get back to you in 24 hours however when they are exceptionally busy it can take longer. As that is demand driven it is not always possible to predict it and change their "splash" screen to reflect this at the time.

0 Ratings
drjotty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

But how do we know if you are busy or not.that is why after 24 hrs i re called bt.so if after 3 days no moderator has contacted me.how will i know if i am still in the virtual pile or not. ? That is a poor answer. If bt had done what the promised and said in writing what then said they had done in the first place then i would not have already contacted bt 8 times with no apparent action taken yet. Just like on monday they again said it was refunded. Yet today they said it had not. A communication company that can not communicate clearly to itself or customers.
0 Ratings