cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
margaret2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

overcharged

i just went online and tried to pay my bill. on 1st credit card it says payment failed i then thought maybe my bank has some problems. so i tried my 2nd credit card and i received same error. on checking my credit card online statements ive been charged 3 times. the bill was for £33 you took £99. please can you contact me about this urgent matter.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
margaret2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: overcharged

payments have changed to pending. 2 on the one credit card and 1 on the other. ill see after 2 or 3 days whether you have taken the payments. since we have been with bt it seems like we are having problem after problem. so not a happy start to life with bt.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

This is essentially a customer to customer help and discussion forum. It's not a hotline to BT, though BT moderators are on hand to help with issues that cannot be resolved between participating customers.

It's possible that your problem will be resolved automatically. It might be as well though to ask the card issuer's helpline for an explanation and advice; I've always found them keen to put things right and, coincidentally, some years ago when I had three charges for the same transaction they removed two straight away.

If all else fails report back here and moderator assistance can be arranged as necessary.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
margaret2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

this is not a fault of mine or the card issuer, to me i would say bt server crashed when trying to take a payment but not once but three times. i would urge bt customers not to make payments using debit/credit cards untill they sort there mess out. i will now only pay by bank transfer.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Nor was it my fault or the card issuer's when something similar happened to me. I was simply making the point that a call to the bank helpfully sorted it in a minute, but perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
margaret2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@pottyperson. please dont take it to heart im not blaming you, you have took time out of your day to help me and i appreciate it, im just very disappointed with bt.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

No problem. I'm sure you'll get it sorted one way or another.

--
0 Ratings