Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnoneill46
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

poor service from BT

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently signed up to BT Broadband and Telephone and was given a date of 28th July for activation of both services. The date then slipped to 13th July as Bt couldnt see a line being in place at the address already. I informed Bt that there was indeed an existing line at the address and they then cancelled the engineer which they had booked without telling me! I have spoken with online chat and explained to them that an engineer shouldnt be needed as there was a line already in place and they bought the activation date forward to 30/06.

I have recieved a phonecall today saying that the telephone line will be switched on tomorrow ( 30/06) however they can't give me a date for broadband as they will try to fast track the order but the fast track team don't work weekends so they will update me on monday! Not a brilliant start to my first BT experience!! I have tried calling Bt on several occasions to get an update but the call always ends up being answered by a foreign call centre and I honestly struggle to understand what they are saying!

Does anyone know of a uk based telephone number for someone that could help, as I live in the countryside and don't have a mobile signal I rely on the broadband!

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: poor service from BT

Go to solution

There ar no UK numbers, however

Try the UK orders Order Live Chat Team

Provisioning of broadband cannot take place until there is a working telephone line, as its needed as part of the broadband provisioning test.

Have you tried plugging a phone in to see if you get dial tone?

0 Ratings
johnoneill46
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

I have tried the live chat,

It is a horrensously slow process, I was on there for an hour yesterday and I was told the 30th would be the activation date howver the phonecall this morning would suggest othrwise. Different answers from different people within BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

See my edited post regarding the phone line.

There can be a weeks delay between activation of the phone line, and the activation of broadband, as the broadband task cannot be issued until the phone provision task has closed. It also depends on how busy Openreach are.

0 Ratings
johnoneill46
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Ok so the telephone line went live last Thursday but the broadband still isn't live/hasn't been activated. It has been 5 working days now since I was told it should be live but have not had a single call from BT to tell me of any issues. I was told the order would be put through to the fast track team last Friday, so that the broadband could be activated within 24/48 hours. But still nothing........ Mods, any chance of an update as to what is actually happening? I have tried the web chat but it is horrendously slow process with being passed from pillar to post and having to go through the same questions every time!!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @johnoneill46 Sorry your having trouble getting your broadband activated. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
johnoneill46
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks John.

I have sent an email through the link provided. Thanks for your assistance 🙂

John.
0 Ratings
johnoneill46
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Ok, so the acivation date was yesterday. And surprise surprise it still doesnt work!!! Two hours of web chat later and I have been diagnosed with a faulty homehub?! Another 2-3 days now waiting for a replacement. And I've just had a phonecall from BT stating that there has been an issue with my line and that openreach are aware and an engineer will be looking at it before 19/07/16. Absolutely laughable!!! BT make so may hoops to jump through to cancel the order completely too! Is it too much to ask for in 2016 for a broadband connection? It would be nice if one person from BT took owenership and actually got some cast iron upodates that arent plucked out of thin air! GRRR

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Re contact the mod who was helping you
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @johnoneill46,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm really happy to hear that the engineer on Friday was able to get your Broadband going, after identifying a fault with the telephone service.

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings