cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

premature contract renewal messaging

My current contract, which is for Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited runs from May 21st 2019 to the end of November 2020 yet I am already getting messages telling me that it "ends soon" and I must make a decision about renewal NOW or "miss a fantastic, never to be repeated offer" blah blah blah. My new bill, issued 48 hours ago, includes charges for up until the end of November which means that no decision viz staying with BT or moving to a new provider, need to be taken until well into the Autumn. My bill also mentions me on being a Fibre With Halo 1 customer but I have never migrated to Halo !  So why the hurry, BT and why have you changed the name of my current, ongoing contract with no discernible improvement in speeds?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: premature contract renewal messaging

there have been quite a few posts similar to you with early reminder of contract renewal.  you can just make diary note and decide nearer the time.  Halo 1 is an add-on benefit but it does not give you any faster speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: premature contract renewal messaging

Bt are notifying customers before the discount ends, you get advance warning, the renewal window opens 6 months before your current offer ends, so November makes sense.

Better too soon than too late.

0 Ratings