cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

"We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again" and other question

Go to solution

Got Fibre 900 installed a few days ago and everything's going great so far, minus a couple of queries I have.

Firstly, when trying to view my bills and products on My BT I get the : "We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again" error message.

I contacted the live chat who told me it would be sorted within 24 hours but 48 hours later the issue is still persisting.

If I use the My BT app it seems to gather that i have a broadband package but tapping on it just leads to an error saying "Sorry, we can't show you your details right now".

Second query is regarding switching from one persons contract to another. Previously, a different member of the household was paying for broadband on their account, but wasnt given the option to upgrade to full fibre. Long story short I called up and ended up opening a new account myself as it was only being offered to new customers. I was told on the phone that the other house members contract would end automatically when mine begins but this hasn't happened yet. Do we need to do anything else to end their contract or will it happen soon? (They are on rolling contract as initial 24 months passed).

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Cameron

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: "We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again" and other ques

Go to solution
Well rather curiously within 20 minutes of posting this I've now got access to My BT and all my details are there!

Only the question about my other housemembers contract is relevant now.

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: "We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again" and other ques

Go to solution

You can not change the account holder to another person.

If you have started a new contract in your name at the same address and using the same line, the person who was the "original" account holder should have been notified that some one was wanting to take over their line. 

If they did not object within a set period of time you would then take over the line and start your new contract.

Their would still be billed for that month then the billing should stop and if there was any overlap in the two running together they would receive a refund of the over payment.

If the person calls customer services they should be able to clarify that their account has been stopped.