Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve333
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

reinstate a second phone line for home working

Hi,

My home office is in a separate little building close to the main house and whilst I have been able to use BT Wholehome Wifi extenders in series to get sufficient coverage as home working will be more permanent I need a more reliable solution. I have found (as have others looking at forums) that every time there is a power cut of outage that the system when in series takes too long to configure and means I have too much downtime.

When I bought the house there was a second phone line installed direct to the office as the previous owners used to use for a small business they ran. That was 15 years ago. The phone line still exists and goes to the same pole as the main house which has the BT fibre box on it.

How do I go about getting the old line re-instated so that I can just have a separate direct broadband connection just for my office? I appreciate there may be a charge to get this done and a separate contract.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: reinstate a second phone line for home working

@Steve333 

You would have to place an order with BT.

If its for business usage, then you would have to place the order with BT Business.

0 Ratings