cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

replacement hub as exising confirmed defective by BT

why do BT get it so wrong. I write to their Durham address and get a telecom from them which they say relates to my email? do they not know the difference between an email and a letter?. then in the email from the Tech side they tell me that the price of the replacement hub was stated in their confirmation emails, either there are still 2 emails floating about in the ether OR, more likely they are trying to mislead me. in fact pdf's of their emails were enclosed with my letter so there is no excuse whatsoever for their decietfulness. next the tech man stated in his email that BT would never deduct the value of a product given me for free to, replace a dective hub, from the price of a more expensive one. So they were going to send me a replacement hub 4, at a cost, but they refuse to credit the cost of that hub 4 from the more expensive one. They must be one of the last supliers of goods that refuse to accomodate their clients with such a simple request.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: replacement hub as exising confirmed defective by BT

Hi @sunnyhill and welcome.

Are you still in contract for your broadband? The hub would be covered under warranty for the first 12 months and is a chargeable replacement after that. I can double check that for you if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Sorry, let me clear this up @Ectophile.

If you're still in contract then we'll replace the hub. If you're out of contract but have recently purchased a hub it will be under a 12 month warranty.

@sunnyhill I can appreciate how unhappy you are so please drop me over an email with your details and I'll try to help. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi David M

Yes I am still with BT and my new hub is a Hub6. If BT only give their customers a 1 year warrantee on their hubs, (without the hub there can be no internet conection with the ISP), then this fact should be made clear to ALL new customers making it clear that if the hub fails then the customer is liable for the cost of its replacement. It was not made clear to me when I applied to buy into BT's broadband. what appalled me was the fact that despite my submitting all details to Durham the reply was full of errors.

Not withstanding the above, the communications from BT re the delivery of the new hub gave a delivery date and tracking the delivery on MyBT showed the transaction being complete, my subsequent telecom identified that a "technical fault" had occured requiring a further VOL to be raised for the transaction to be completed and a delivery made. The various links between the "order", "invoicing/charging","despatch" and "delivery" seem to fragile at best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @sunnyhill and welcome.

Are you still in contract for your broadband? The hub would be covered under warranty for the first 12 months and is a chargeable replacement after that. I can double check that for you if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

I would be interested where you can find that in the BT Terms and Conditions.  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html

Section 16.2 says that BT will repair or replace any faulty equipment, and does not place any time limit on when items may be repaired or replaced.

0 Ratings