Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

rip off!!!

Go to solution

I'm sick of BT ripping me off!!!! After having so much trouble with faults on my line and when i did eventually get it sorted i was ignored for months!!! yes months because the person dealing with me was apparently off sick for months and nobody was dealing with the emails, when i was eventually dealt with i was offered a much better deal and a new contract and was told it would be much cheaper and now! now! my bill has gone through the roof!!! £167 for a quarter and only £3.87 on calls!!! and all i get is spam calls all day long!!!! it never ends!!! what a con BT are, leading you up the garden path by offering a cheaper deal as compensation and then a few months down the line youre hit with an excessive high bill!!! i can get a much much better deal almost anywhere else at at least half the cost!!! absolutely had it with BT and their awful awful awful diabolical customer help!!! is the worst most terrible company i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with!!! shocking and a disgrace!!!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: rip off!!!

Go to solution

Hi @Tonkers Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum, I'm really sorry about the problems experienced with your BT service and for the way you feel about your recent bill.  Was the problem with your connection and discounted contract provided to you recently or was this some time ago?

The reason why I'm asking is that the deals are normally on 12 or 18 month contracts and then the prices revert to the full rate once the contract has finished.

0 Ratings
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
it was recent enough! its not the point, i was told it was gonna be a better deal and its way more expensive!!!
0 Ratings
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I was offered a better deal because where i am the connection is poor and they couldn't find out why so told me i should upgrade to fibre for better service and i would be charged less and now youre back to talking to me like an idiot and throwing sales garbage at me like im an idiot!!! really had enough of banging my head against the wall when it comes to BT!!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Tonkers thanks for getting back to me, I was trying to understand if there has been a mistake in your pricing for a recent deal or if the previous deal had finished so I can provide you with the best advice to get this sorted. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team if you need any help with this.

0 Ratings
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
still waiting...like i said customer service is appalling
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

if you completed the mod form then they will get back to you but as all requests for assistance are dealt with in order of receipt and there have been a lot of requests it can take 3/4 days for mods to contact you - but they will and then give you one point of contact until problem solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

just check out how much cheaper i can get the same deal!!! at least 50% cheaper!!!

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Around £54 a month sounds a lot if it’s just line and broadband, especially if it’s a new ‘deal’ with a new minimum term, not ridiculous if it’s an out of contract price, or if it’s line , broadband and TV with Sport.
If if you negotiated a deal ( using your fault history as a lever, even though it’s quite likely that the fault would have affected whatever service provider you were with, so in my opinion not much of one ) , then is £54 more than the deal you were offered, so your complaint is that what you got,  wasn’t what you were ‘promised’ ?
If you were offered a better deal ( for a new minimum term ) presumably you were sent confirmation of the cost etc.....it looks as though the Mod is offering to look this for you, as they deal with requests in order of arriving, you just need a little patience

0 Ratings
Tonkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

utterly useless!!!!

0 Ratings