cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

router arriving tomrrow. internet transfer happening in few days but engineer coming next month

Hello all

I changed my provider from SKY to BT.

I applied for new broadband provider three weeks ago.

It's supposed to transfer on Tuesday to BT.

I got a SMS from BT saying an engineer is booked for next Month.

I am afraid I will not have any broadband for a month

I am trying to call BT and I have been on the queue for 20 min ... no one is picking up the phone...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: router arriving tomrrow. internet transfer happening in few days but engineer coming next month

@baseli95 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What BT broadband package did you order?

Did you place your order directly with BT first, and let BT contact Sky to say they were taking over your service?

Or did you cancel with Sky first, then placed your order with BT?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: router arriving tomrrow. internet transfer happening in few days but engineer coming next month

Hi @Keith_Beddoe 

I orderd: Broadband Full Fibre 300

I ordered through BT. 

I let Sky know through BT that I am cancelling the broadband.

I received a letter from Sky that they were advised to transfer to the new provider.

If they could let SKY know that if BT cannot do it now they should transfer at a later date. i will be happy.

I work from home so does my brother. we cannot work if we don't have stable internet ...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Was the service from Sky also full fibre, and you have an existing Openreach ONT (optical Network Terminal)?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@

it was not full fibre.

i finally got it answer from bt. saying there is engineering work required in the street outside, so the date cannot be moved earlier and i should contact sky to change the transfer date.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As you are moving from a copper connection to a fibre one, there is a lot of extra work to be done. See this guide https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/full-fibre-broadband-installation-checklist

Sometimes issues arise that can delay the provision, so its best to retain the copper connection for now. The alternative would be for BT to loan you a 4G mini hub.

0 Ratings