cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laceyb2009
Message 1 of 10

sainsbury's gift card problem

I have received my sainsburys gift only to find out that it was a blank card £0 so after ringing a few bt numbers no one seem to know what to do about this problem and i am yet to be pointed in the right direction i was hoping someone on here could help me with my problem. After reading on several forums I am beginning to think that this offer is a scam to get you to join bt. 

I am not very happy with the customer service of bt at all.Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Any help would be great thanks....

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: sainsbury's gift card problem

The forum moderators will get involved in this post as soon as they read your post they will post there reply and give you a contact link to them

Please do not send them a personal message, as your message will not be tracked properly.also the mod you personal message may not be on duty for some time and that will delay your help further.   

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Laceyb2009

I can have this looked into for you.

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

While you're waiting for the mods, try waiting a couple of days and phoning the Sainsbury's automated line (the number's on the back of the card).

The last Sainsbury's gift card I bought (nothing to do with BT) had no credit when it arrived.  It came with a letter warning me that the credit would be added after I received the card.  And it was - a couple of days later.

0 Ratings
tati_may
Message 5 of 10

i am having the same problem , received a gift card with Zero on it.!  felt so embarrassed when i tried to use it at sainsburys .they said nothing was ever loaded on that card .Spent 3 days on the phone to BT, they told me they will ring back they never do ,told me they will email me they never did . i spent hours and hours on the phone ,nothing back. I am extrimely disappointed with the service ! i want my 100 pounds they promissed me !

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi Tati-May

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you have received a blank card. I can chase this up for you. 

Send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile/ You will be able to find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi Guys

Just been advised there was a delay in the cards being credited however this should now be resolved, if you can check the card again the balance should be applied, if not please let us know and we can chase.

Thanks

Stuart

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
jennypower23
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hi Stuart - thanks for the update. Just rang the number on the back of the card and checked the balance - £100! Appreciate your help.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Great stuff jennypower23!

Apologies for the delay receiving the credit on there! Smiley Embarassed

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
tommycreavin
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Re: Sainsbury's gift card problem

Hi,

Exactly the same issue for me, got to the checkout only to find that the balance of my gift card was 0.00. This would be invonvenient / embarrassing at the best of times, but even worse during the last week before payday!

I have been waiting for this gift card since November 2012, and having finally received it I thought my BT issues were behind me. I have chosen to air my 3rd complaint to BT here, as I am yet to get a response from the online contact form and barring one, all of the phone operatives I have spoken to have been next to useless.

I have seen that the solution may be simply that it takes a while for the balance to transfer, but without a note, or any information on when this will be available, how am I to proceed?

I know it is not the fault of any of the moderators here, so sorry if I come across aggressive, but I am sick of consistent poor customer service from BT. I would like to know what they are going to do to make up for, yet another mistake.

Regards,

Tom

PS - par for the course that the spell checker on a BT forum is unaware of the abbreviation 'BT'.

0 Ratings