Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

three orders for infinity accepted then cancelled

Go to solution
Order for Infinity keeps failing. we have been told that we need to move our telephone line to BT and then place another order - but we will lose our internet connection if we do this and then there are no assurances over how log it will take or even if we will get Infinity. This surely can't be right.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: three orders for infinity accepted then cancelled

Go to solution

ordered BT infinity option 2 & phone on Monday 15th Nov, completed everything including my Mac Code from my current provider O2 (whom I have home phone and broadband with). Got a text the next day asking me to call BT with my mac code. I did this and informed them of it again. I then get a call yesterday (which went to voicemail) saying they 'just wanted to confirm that I was cancelling my order' and that they would call me back today (they didnt). Called today and spoke to someone in customer service who has updated the notes on my order and also informed me that my engineer visit had been cancelled and that they cannot amend the order as it is a 'back office' team who cannot receive calls (great).....

so I am stuck now with a cancelled engineer visit which means I will no doubt lose my appointment (2nd dec) and I cannot speak to anyone to rectify the situation.......way to go BT, if this is the way you handle customer service I'm surprised you have any.

P***** off!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Cao and Zarf2007

I can have these orders looked into for you to find out what is causing the problem.

Send me an email with the subject (BT Infinity Order problems) to the email address in my public profile, please include your BT account number or Telephone number. Should you not have either please include the order refs you have been supplied.

Please also inlclude a link to this thread.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

so have done that and still no change. The annoying thing is everyone I speak to at BT can see that part of the order is cancelled (I still get a phone service wooo-whoo!!) but noone can change the bl**dy order!

I am slowly running out of patience with BT.

0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
I have also emailed moderators (via another thread) but no response. Received another hub and have had 2 seperate emails each saying further equipment is on the way and there are 3 engineer visits showing on the BT website!!
I'm not greedy one will do - but are they real or virtual appointments? I wish someone could confirm whether I am supposed to be at home for one of them so I can book time off work and as one is for Thursday and the other two for Friday of this week I need to know soon.
0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution
Checked email after posting the above - moderators can't help! On the other link the moderator actually stated that what we were being told didn't sound right and now we are told that we have to go along with what we've been told. Thing is we have been told order cancelled but we have 3 engineer visits and 3 lots of equipmment showing!!! So the infinity saga continues to on and on...
0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
SOLVED MY A***
0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

well, I finally cancelled my first order just so that I could place a new order in the hope that that one goes through. Great thats 7 days wasted for nothing!

Got put through to an ignorant stroppy geordie idiot (she wont be reading this as shes too thick) who answered the phone "HELLO, HELLO, HELLO!!!" (I am not joking) and then scolded me for losing my temper after the fool couldnt event find my order......she eventually cancelled the order so will give it one more go and if that one is cancelled they can forget it.....

I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company, if it wasnt for the fact that they are offering the best FTTC deal at the moment (something to do with a monopoly I think) I would have told them to shove it by now.

0 Ratings
cao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
zarf2007 - Only 7 days, we've be going since 27th October.

I would go elsewhere if I could but BT is our only option for fibre and my husband and son want it.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Other ISPs are offering Fibre products. The install is still by BT Openreach but you do not have to buy from BT Retail. BT Infinity is the cheapest I found though.

0 Ratings