cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liza
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

transfer of Phone line

I am changing provider from Talktalk to BT as Talktalk are unable to provide fibre broadband in my area. Whilst the fibre broadband has been installed successfully the landline cannot me transferred as Openreach are unable to locate a phoneline registered to my address despite having the same number and phone for over 40 years! I am going round in circles trying to resolve this as each provider says it is the other one's problem to sort out. I have updated my address with talk talk to match that of BT in case that was causing a problem. Bt tell me to get Talk talk to request an Ordi but TT deny any knowledge of what that is and say they have no processes to resolve it. Bt want TT to send the updated address to Openreach but TT say they cannot do that. It's a farce. I've spent hours on the phone and am no nearer a solution.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: transfer of Phone line

Hi @Liza   

Unfortunately this is clearly a TalkTalk issue. When I was with TalkTalk I always found that their Community Team (OCEs) were excellent in sorting all issues and problems. I would give them a try as until that ORDI request goes through you are unlikely to progress. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Help-with-your-TalkTalk-service/ct-p/help

Liza
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I was on the phone to Talktalk for almost 2 hours today and eventually got to a manager. He said he did not know what an Ordi request was and was adamant that it was BT's problem as Talktalk rent the line from BT. He said he could not send my updated address to Openreach either. Idon't know what an Ordi request is either come to that!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

TalkTalk rent the line from Openreach, not BT. TalkTalk have their own equipment installed in the exchanges.

Its up to TalkTalk to place the ORDI request to Openreach.

0 Ratings
Liza
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thank you. I'll have to try again. If you know that Talk Talk need to place the ORDI request to Openreach why on earth doesn't a TalkTalk manager know that! He said he had not heard of ORDI.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Check the talk talk community forum

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Liza welcome to the community and thanks for posting, an ORDI (openreach data integrity) request is submitted by the provider who owns the service to correct mistakes with the Openreach address database. This request in your case can only be made by Talk Talk.

0 Ratings
Liza
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Thank you. I'll try again.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Liza   As I have already said, I would try the TalkTalk Community. The OCEs are UK based and will know what an ORDI request is! Good luck 🙂

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Help-with-your-TalkTalk-service/ct-p/help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Liza no problem, let us know how you get on. 

0 Ratings